11. Photographs

ARHAAN

I heard the voice of her mother yelling on someone when I was half asleep. Then I heard the voice of Jeevika. I stood up and went near the door. I heard mummy ji and Jeevika arguing over something. I understood slowly that she was asking why I was sleeping on sofa.

I completely understand that Jeevika was clearly annoyed by the questions put infront of her, that too this early morning. She yelled back on her mother and what I saw the next was, her mother placed a tight slap on her face that literally made her numb for few seconds.

Blood rushed down to my spine and anger filled me. I became frustrated and wanted to yell on her mother. How dare she raise her hand on MY WIFE. How the hell did she raise her hand on her.

I was not able to just control my anger. Just because she was the mother of my wife I did not wanted to disrespect her. So calming myself down as much as I could, I asked Jeevika to pack up her things and that we will leave early from here.

I just cannot accept the things that took place here right infront of my eyes that how someone tried to interfere between me and Jeevika. How someone raised her hand on her and especially the way she put wrong allegations on her.

I was angry as hell. I went near her after her mother left and saw the marks that had turned red on her cheeks. I felt so bad. I touched her cheeks and tear felt from her eyes. I wiped it off.

Then she did the unexpected, she held my hand and said that she wanted to stay.

"Please na ARHAAN ",she said. I melted then and there listening my name from her mouth for the very first time. It felt as sweet as honey.

After listening my name from her mouth I was not able to deny her. I never would love to stay at a place where my wife is disrespected. But I don't know why I cannot see this woman sad.

I was not like this at all especially after Aarushi, my ex cheated on me. I became more rough from outside. I disliked girls and talked to them roughly. But when my father showed me the photo of Jeevika, I liked her. She was cute. Her body was little chubby which made her look even more beautiful and hot. Her eyes were so beautiful.

On my wedding day, I had decided that if I'm marrying this woman I'll make sure she is protected from every sorrow of this world. I'll make her my life. I'll bring all the happiness of this world below her feet.

I expected the same from her but when I came to know on our wedding night that she loved someone else my heart ached. But then she assured me that she would be loyal to me and that she would always respect me and my family. I just needed her loyalty and her respect.

Her love was the one thing I was ready to wait for till eternity. My priority was to protect her and make her feel safe with me. I wanted her to open herself up infront of me like an open book.

I did my morning business and took a shower. I came back to the bedroom and found that she too had took shower and was ready in a beautiful pink suit. She looked adorable.

I went and sat on the bed. I took out my phone and started checking messages.

"Breakfast?", she asked.

"I don't want to go downstairs", I replied.

"Aaiye na please, papa ko acha lagega ", she said. (come na,papa will feel good)

"Idhar baithiye",I said patting on the bed beside me. (Come,sit here)

She came and sat down beside me. I tuck the strand of hair behind her ear that was disturbing her vision. Our eyes met and she immediately looked down. I smirked.

"When is your leave ending?", I asked. She stressed her eyebrows together. "You took leave for our wedding na from your work, when is the leave ending?", I ask.

"Umm... on 24th",she replied. It was 4th today. We still had 20days in our hands.

"Mummy-papa was forcing me to take you outside for our.... honeymoon", I said and she widened her eyes.

"It's okay if you don't want to go, I'll manage them.", I said.

She hummed.

"And if you wish to go, you can tell me anytime before we head back to Delhi, maybe we can visit your favourite place and we can enjoy as friends.", I said making her comfortable.

"I'll tell you later after thinking about it", she said.

I felt happy that at least she didn't refuse directly.

I stood up from bed. She looked at me and raised her eyebrows. I extended my hand to her and said, "Breakfast!".

She paused for a second and then placed her hand on mine and stood up. It felt good.

We walked together to the dining room hand in hand. Her father welcomed us.

I pulled out a chair for Jeevika to sit. "You have it first, I'll have it after you", she said.

I showed her my eyes and signalled her to sit on the chair. She sat beside me. She served chapatis on my plate and hers. We had our breakfast together and meanwhile I also had a chit chat with her father.

I sat with her father and watched tv, also my brother-in-laws came in and we shared jokes. I had my lunch with them. I honestly enjoy their company. After having lunch I went back to Jeevika's room and rested myself on the bed. I was scrolling through the social media when Jeevika came inside the room.

I asked her whether she wants to use the bed but she said that she was okay and that we can sit together.

She came and sit beside me and we were using our phone. I showed her our wedding photos which the photographers had sent me today.

I was introducing her to my family via photos. She looked interested. I showed her the photos of those functions which took place on my side. I showed her the videos of our Haldi function and she could not stop laughing. She looked so pretty.

I showed her our family photo in which her and my family stood together.

I said, "We can frame this and put it in the centre of our room, what do you think?". She made a face and said, "That's unfair I'm not looking good in this photograph". I laughed.

"Jeevika", I said.

She looked up into my face. "You always look beautiful, no one else is prettier than you for me in this entire world",I spoke softly looking into her eyes.