24. Sangam

JEEVIKA

After sometime, someone knocked the door. "Come-in", I said. Arjun came inside the room and I got up from my place and rested my body against the headboard.

"Happy Holi, Bhabhi", he said with a big smile on his face.

"Happy Holi, Arjun".

"Bhaiya said you're not well. Are you okay now?", he looked concerned.

"Yeah, it's better now."

"Bhabhi, annu is on line. She wanted to wish you".

I took the phone form his hand and wished Annu. We chatted for few minutes and then hung up the call. Arjun was sitting beside me on the bed. I handed over the phone back to him.

"Arjun". "JI-Bhabhi"

"Annu is really a very sweet girl. You're lucky one to have her".

"I know Bhabhi. She is perfect and I really love her a lot", he said with his shining eyes.

"Ek baat puchun Arjun?"

"ji Bhabhi .. puchiye na".

"Aapko kab ehsaas hua ki aap annu se pyaar karte hain?"

"samajh aajata hai Bhabhi. jab uske aas paas hum khush hote hai. uske paas reh kar sukoon ka ehsaas hota hai.. mann hota hai ghanto tak baat kare.. dil ki har baat share kare.. koi aur usko uss way me dekhe to gussa aana.. sath me time beetane se sab kuch theek hojana.. sukh me hi nahi duukh me bhi sath khade rehna" "samajh aajata hai Bhabhi".

I smiled. He was so clear that he loves her. "Bhabhi, Can I say something?"

"Yes, ofcourse".

"I've seen you and bhaiya many times together. You two make a perfect pair together. But.."

"I hadn't expected this ever. Bhabhi.. bhaiya was really heartbroken after Aarushi di not only left him but cheated with him so badly. He never went closer to girls after that. He never trusted them. But the way he looks at you, the way he treats you is very surprising for me. You really changed Bhaiya, Thank you Bhabhi".

I looked at him with wide eyes. I never knew all this. Arhaan never told me he had an ex. I never felt that he hates girls. He never let me feel that.

Arjun got up and left. I was lost in my own world focussing on each and every word Arjun said.

"samajh aajata hai Bhabhi. jab uske aas paas hum khush hote hai"- I'm happy with Arhaan, I really am.

"uske paas reh kar sukoon ka ehsaas hota hai.. mann hota hai ghanto tak baat kare.."-I really feel relaxed when I'm with him. When he takes me in his embrace, I feel his warmth and when he is away from me I crave for his warmth.

"dil ki har baat share kare.. koi aur usko uss way me dekhe to gussa aana.. sath me time beetane se sab kuch theek hojana.. sukh me hi nahi duukh me bhi sath khade rehna" - I always share every small details of my day with him. I want him to know me more and more and I also want to know him more and more. He stands with me in thicks and thins like he did today. He comforts me.

GOD, I LOVE HIM.

ARHAAN

I cannot wait anymore. I need to confess it today itself. I've to do this.

We had our lunch with the family. At evening, we changed our clothes into new ones. I wore a white kurta and she wore a white embroidered suit with a purple dupatta. As always she looked stunning.

We took the blessings of elders. We played gulaal with Arjun and Pihu but I didn't apply it on her.

Then we left for her parent's home. We took blessings of everyone and and applied gulaal on their feets. When we were alone in the room, she came inside the room with a packet of avir in her hand. She came towards me and I shook my head in a 'no'. But she ignored me and headed towards me.