40. Pick me up

ARHAAN

I was still lost in the thought that what would be my wife thinking about me? Does she thinks that I was cheating on her? Why is she not picking up my calls? Her mother said that she was sleeping, is she not well?

My phone rang. I took the phone in my hand to see who was calling.

It was after 3 days that I was seeing this caller ID on my phone. 'Jeevika'.

I received the call within a second.

"Hello baby? Baby, are you okay? You weren't receiving my calls are you....", she cut me off in the middle and said, "Pick me from my home, I want to come back".

I was taken aback by her words. "Baby kuch hua hain kya, mummy kuch boli hain kya? hume batao hum baat karte hai".

"nahi".."I just want to come back home".

"Baby It's 10pm. Are you sure you want me to pick you up at this hour of time?", I asked.

She paused as if she was thinking something. I remembered what happened in the afternoon and I asked her, "Is it about this afternoon,baby?".

"I'll talk about that later. But I want you to come and take me back with you".

"I'm coming pack your things. I'll be there in 15minutes".

"Drive safe", she said. "Don't worry baby".

I immediately got up in the same dress that I was wearing, picked up the keys of my car and left for her home.

Although her home was atleast a distance from 30 minutes from here but I drove real fast and reached there within 15minutes.

I dialled her number and called her. She came down and opened the gate for me.

"We should leave", I said still sitting inside my car.

She nodded and came back with her bag after few minutes.

Her mother came along with her. I got down from the car and touched her feet. I took the bag from Jeevika and kept it on the backseat of the car.

I opened the door for her and secured her with seat belt.

I then took my seat and she waved bye to her mother. I gave her a smile and we left.

We were silent throughout the way. We reached home after 25minutes. She got out and went inside the room. I parked my car and went inside behind her with her bag in my hands.

She went inside the bathroom and came out with fresh pair of comfortable clothes.

I was sitting on the bed. She sat beside me. I looked into her eyes, those dense eyes.

"Can we sleep?", she asked.

"Sure", I replied.

We rested ourselves on the bed. I switched off the light.

I was sleeping when I felt her hand snaping around my waist. I smiled. I pulled her more closer and placed her head on my chest. I started caressing her hair with my fingers.

I broke the silence between us by speaking, "Jaan". She hummed.

"About this afternoon I wanted to clarify t....", she cut me off and said, "I don't want to listen about this Arhaan".

"No, please just listen me out"..."That girl, she was Aarush's cousin sister. She lives abroad and came to India for her brother's wedding. Pihu and Aarush told me that she wanted to visit Sangam but they also wanted to spend some lonely time together. As they couldn't leave her alone so they asked me to go along with them"..

"I wasn't ready but they forced me to come. I asked them to use car but they insisted to go on bike so I had no option." "There in the parking lot, we were waiting for Pihu and Aarush and then you saw us. I tried to stop you but you left from there. I called you several times to explain but you didn't received my call".

She was looking up into my eyes. "I'm sorry", I muttered.

"Not your fault, I was stupid", she said.

I hugged her again tightly.

"Were you jealous?",I teased.

"Little bit maybe",she replied.

"And what else did your little mind overthink?".

"Umm.. that you were cheating on me... hahaha", she said while making a face.

"Was that the reason you came back to me? You wanted to check whether I was really cheating on you or not?",I asked while lifting her face up.

"Are you mad? No!", she said.

"Good, I would not do that to you. I love you more than my life", I kissed on her forehead.

She smiled.

"Then what was the reason?"

"I don't know.. I just wanted to be with you".

I shifted her upwards and our gaze met.

"I know it will sound odd jaan, but I really miss you".

She closed her eyes and remained silent.

After few minutes she asked,"Ek baat puche aapse?".

I hummed. "Aapko humpar gussa nahi aaya kabhi?".

"Kis baat par jaan?".

"Umm..uss din Jo hum aapko dhakka dekar chale gaye the aur fir aap par chillaya bhi tha humne".

"Aaya tha uss pal ke liye, fir aapse naraz hokar hum chale bhi gaye the
Lekin hame pata tha jyada der dur nahi reh paege hum aapse, Naa aap humse meri Jaan", I said while caressing her cheek.

She smiled and said, "Aur uss din jab hum aapse call par baat nahi kiye the?"

"I thought you really needed space, so I gave you some", I spoke and continued, "Aap achanak yeh sab kyu puch rhi Hain jaan".

All of a sudden her eyes became moist and she started crying. I panicked and sat up on the bed. I took her in my arms and asked, "Kya hua Jaan, koi problem hai, please bataiye".

She just kept on crying. I made her look in my eyes and asked her again, "Jaan please Darr lag raha hai Hume, btaiye na kuch pareshani h?".

"I'm selfish Arhaan", she uttered.

Selfish? What exactly happened that made her to say this?

"Kisne kaha aapse yeh? Hume bataiye hum baat karte hai usse? Kisne hamari Jaan ko yeh bolne ki himmat ki?",I tried to calm her down.

After few minutes she stopped crying.
I pulled her and made her to sit on my lap.

I held her hand tightly and was caressing it with my thumb.

She rested her head on my shoulder.
"Are you fine now?".

"Hmm".

"Wanna cry some more?". She shook her head.

"Now tell me what happened?",I asked.