❀Chapter 3❀

I already have the next chapter ready, so tomorrow there will be an update!!! :) - Eve//Everest<3

"You alright?" Sophie's husband asked as he climbed into bed next to her. She sighed.

"Yeah," she mumbled. Her husband smirked, disbelieving.

Empaths.

"I'm telling you the truth," she swore. It wasn't super true, but it was kind of pointless trying to explain to him what was really going on. He wasn't going to understand. It wasn't something he would ever understand.

His eyes met hers, and she felt her heart warm. His hand crawled up her side and traveled to her back, rested on the small of her back. "You have a lot of tension," He noted, his face softening into something she'd never seen on him before. "Need a massage?"

Sophie laughed. "I'm surprised you're offering that."

"What?" Keefe asked. "I can tell you have a lot of tension, and I am your husband after all."

Sophie sighed. "Fine." She said, he moved so he was sitting on the bed beside her and told her to roll onto her stomach. 

She did. 

He gently, slowly, lifted the hem of the back of her shirt. She inhaled sharply when his cold hand pressed against her bare back.

Sophie practically melted.

He was gentle, soft, and kind. His touch was like a soft warm river running down her spine, collecting at the bottom of her back.

When he stopped, she groaned. He laughed, moving to lie beside her. She turned her head so she could look him in the eyes. He kissed her forehead.

"Believe it or not," Keefe murmured. "I've never done that."

"But you're super good at it!" Sophie said, whining just a little.

Keefe laughed and wrapped her in his arms. He kissed her forehead again before he whispered, "I love you," in her ear. She smiled against her pillow.

They both must've fallen asleep at some point, because when Sophie's eyes opened, Kayla was hovering over them. Sophie yawned, rubbing her eyes. Keefe shifted, obviously awake as well. "What are you doing, Kay?" Keefe asked, his voice crackly from sleep. A smirk crawled across his lips.

"You need to be awake," The almost three-year-old girl said, crawling up and lying between her parents.

Keefe grabbed his daughter and trapped her in a tight embrace. She squirmed and thrashed, but eventually gave up, laughing as Keefe tickled her sides.

"Okay," Kayla said, batting Keefe's hand away.