❀Chapter 5❀

I might be on hiatus for at least a couple days!! I will certainly be busy on both Christmas eve and day, so I won't be able to update. After Christmas I'll update as much as I can!! ;) - xx Eve//Everest

Sophie and Keefe both got the notification that Skylar had gotten detention.

They'd rushed over to talk to the principal, who was still Magnate Leto.

"How in the world did you end up with detention and a parent conference?" Kayla asked her brother, raising an eyebrow at him. "Did you recreate the Great Gulon Incident?"

"I'm so proud of you if you did," Keefe said, smirking when Sophie groaned. He grabbed her waist with one hand, pulling her closer and kissing the top of her head.

The door to Leto's office flung open. He led them inside his office, which was just as Sophie and Keefe remembered. The glass walls of the pyramid. It reminded Sophie of the time when Keefe blew it up for the Neverseen. 

Ohhhhhhhh, the old days!

Leto's posture was serious, so were his eyes, but his lips were curled into a small smile.

"This is so nostalgic," Sophie murmured. Keefe leaned back in his seat and stared at the pointed ceiling.

"It definitely is," Leto agreed. "But this time it's not you" — he pointed to Keefe — "who's in trouble. It's, conveniently, your son. What he's done was and still isn't severe, but the teacher insisted on punishment." Leto paused for a second. Then, he continued, "I wasn't there for this — of course — but I did get the story out of him earlier." He gestured for Skylar to admit to his guiltiness.

Skylar exaggerated guilt and sorriness as he slouched and said, "I snuck a sedative into Lady Liona's drink."

Keefe, without looking away from Leto, held up his fist for Skylar and they fist bumped without looking at each other.

"So, what is his punishment?" Sophie asked.

Leto sighed. "His punishment is this, and two weeks of detention. That's it. Because his mother is the Moonlark." He winked at Sophie.

"That was not nearly as awesome as I thought it would be," Kayla said when they got home. "I thought Leto was going to kick you in the-"

"No," Skylar said, interrupting Kayla. He tossed his hair and smirked. "I'm special."

Sophie and Keefe laughed.