Introduction

Wei Wuxian always knew that it would come to this. That he won't be able to protect his family. He defected from the Jiang to protect the two people he once saw as his brother and sister. He brought the Wen to the burial mounds, a place that no human should ever lived, but they made it their home. Through the pain and hunger they had survived. Maybe he should have been clear headed if it was not for the tiger tally and the voices clouded his mind.

The sects call themselves righteous and declare that they will protect the innocent. Yet the Dafan Wens were not part of Wen Rouhan's plans, and still, they had to bear the brunt of what their previous sect leader did. He still doesn't understand how the sects could not see that the Jins aspires to be more powerful than Wen Rouhan was. How could they not see that Jin Guangshan only want their support to get what he want. The Amulet. God why did he ever created this cursed thing. The only thing it brought him was trouble and the ire of the Cultivation world.

Looking over the mass of cultivators who killed the last of his family. They even killed A-Yuan. He will not forgive them for what they did, but he is just so tired. Tired of fighting. Tired of living. Tired of fighting the voices in his head. Tears stream down his face. His mourning for all that he had lost. He mourned the death of people who he came to call his family. He is mourning his little radish that he won't see anymore. Who's laughter and smile he won't be able to see anymore.

He slipped is hand inside his robes and took out the Amulet. Holding it high up in the air and with his last strength he ordered the corpses to attack him as the Amulet broke into pieces. The corpses turns and started to move towards Wei Wuxian and with a smile on his face he welcomed them. They tore the flesh from his body. Literally tearing his body apart as his screams echos through the burial mounds.

The next time he opened his eyes he found him standing infront of Wen Zhuliu as Wen Chao was cowering in the corner. It took him a second to realise that he is back in the past. A past he just escaped from and now he had to live it again. Second thing he realise is that there are no blood thirsty voices screaming for blood and death in his head. He can think more clearly. He finally came back to the present and crushed Wen Zhuliu's golden core. He knows who is coming and decided to be quick.

He killed them quickly because this time around he did not feel so vengeful. He left and stopped on a hill and watched as Jiang Wayin and Lan Wangji and their disciples came rushing into the courtyard and into the inn only to come out with a furious Jiang Wayin who let zidian loose and left purple lighting on the already dead Wen disciples. His debt are paid. He owes the Jiangs nothing more. These people are neither his friends or family. None of them spoke up when it was needed the most.

He turns around his eyes had a hard look in it and made his way back to find an inn where he can take a bath and found something to drink. He made his way towards the only place that felt like home. The only place that welcomed him back with no debt attached. Yiling. As he made his way towards Yiling someone else is also following him. When he reached an inn he asked for a room and bath water as well as a few jars of wine. He was showed to a room and waited for the bath water and wine.

Soon it arrived and he took a bath while throwing wine down his throat. Washing off the grime from his body and out of his hair after finishing the jar of wine. When he felt like a human being again he got out and dry himself off. He was surprised to find clean sleeping robes when he round the partition. Looking around he found no one but it did put him on alert. Making sure that the sleeping robes were not cursed he put it on and grab another jar of wine.

Taking a huge gulp he played with Chenqing by twirling it between his fingers. Right now at this moment he does not know if he will offer his help for this war just to be discared and made an enemy of the whole cultivation world, courtesy of the man he once called brother. The one he gave something so precious to.He don't think that he is willing to go through all he had went through. He would rather safe the Dafan Wens and make sure that they are safe and secure than help these hypocrites win this war. He laid down on the bed and finished the jar of wine before he put the empty jar on the ground next to the bed. He closed his eyes and slowly sleep took him over.

A woman slowly emerged from the darkness after Wei Wuxian had put out the candles. She carefully made her way over to the bed and looked down at the sleeping young man. She lightly tapped on his forehead putting him in a deep slumber.

"You have suffered enough. You have gave to much of yourself to others. I think it's time you know the true power that you hold. They called you a monster. A killer. They did not fear you but I will make sure that this time they will. They named you the Yiling Patriach so from now on you will live up to that name. Wei Wuxian will die here tonight and the Yiling Patriach will arise."

"So let's start healing this broken body of yours and give you a core once again."

She channel healing energies into her hands and fingers. She let her hands glides over his body. Healing every broken bone in his body. She reconstructed his broken arms and legs. She moved to his face. Healing his jaw. When everything was done she extracted the resentful energy from his body every last bit of it. His body won't need it anymore.

She then put her hands in her robes and took out a small box. Opening it a bright light shines from it and she took out a small golden ball mix with red and blue energy. She watch it before directed it towards his lower daintian. She pushed it inside him and then she waited holding his wrist. She closed her eyes and concentrate on the energy that started to swirl inside him. Two energies combined in one core.

She fed it some of hers until the core became stable and started to settled within his new home. She smiles as she stood up satisfied. Simins the deity of fate had just change that of this young man. She looked at his face and saw color started to come back to his face. She took another small box out of her sleeve and placed it on the table next to the bed. A little note attached to it that says.

"If you want to know who were the ones responsible for everything you went through. Than watch this before you leave this inn."

Then she bow and whispers into his ear softly.

"From this day forward you will be known as the Yiling Patriach. Wei Wuxian is dead. You will live up to the name they gave you and you will make them regret for what they did to you. Before I go just know I made sure they remembered everything and they will make the same plans again."

She came up right and turns. Scanning the room until she found what she was looking for. She took it and disappeared.