Chapter 7

They made their way out of the hall as the two fierce corpses dragged Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyoa behind them. The other cultivators stood up as soon as they passed and followed behind them. Huaisang laid a hand on his brothers arm, making Mingjue stop and look at him with a questioning raised brow.

"Da-ge, you are my brother, and I love you very much. What I do know is this. Da-ge, you will die here today only because instead of trying to change the outcome, you continue to do exactly the same things. I knew that your hatred for the Wen would always be your downfall. All of your downfall. I will not be here to witness your death, Da-ge. If only this time you took a different path. I will go ahead and make funeral arrangements."

Huaisang spoke these words with a heavy heart and with tears rolling down his face. Mingjue looked at his brother with a shocked and angry expression on his face.

"A-Sang, I will not die. Do not talk nonsense. That boy was always arrogant, and he couldn't kill off the whole of the cultivation world. So do not worry, all will be fine."

Mingjue told his brother, but Huaisang shook his head and said.

"That's where you are wrong, Da-ge. None of you knew how powerful he really was. He let you all win. He let you all execute a siege not because he was afraid of you. No, that was not that. But because unlike the lot of you. He still cared about you all. Wei Wuxian could have dealt the final blow back then, but he didn't. Now, all of you will die. All of you will suffer like he did. Like his family did."

Huaisang gave his brother one last bow and then left, wiping tears away from his face. As he walks through the doors, he pushes his way through the hordes of cultivators standing there and turns his head slightly to his left. He just shook his head at what he saw and started walking down the steps. There is nothing to do for him here. He could try to plead with his friend to spare his brothers life, but who pleaded for Wei Wuxian and Wen lives. Nobody. He was gone before the first screams echoed through the Jin sect.

The cultivators looked on in horror as the two fierce corpses tied the Jin sect leader and Jin Guangyoa to the two poles. Around the poles were dry grass. The Yiling Loashi would not?. Or would he?.

Wei Ying looked at the two men who were strapped to the poles. They struggled. Jin Guangshan cursed Wei Ying with every curse word he could come up with. Which made Wei Ying laugh. But the laughter did not reach his eyes.

"I am only doing what all of you did the day you burned my sister to death. I think it is only fare that the two of you get the same fate. Don't you?."

Wei Ying said as he took out two fire talismans from the inside of his robes. He started to make his way slowly down the steps towards the two. When he reached them, he ignited it without saying another word. He placed it on the dry grass as the two men started to struggle violently, trying to escape. Wei Ying took a few steps back just as Lan Zhan came to stand next to him.

They watched as the flames slowly started to lick at the ends of their robes. As the flames became more intense and their screams turned into wails as burned flesh could be smelled throughout the courtyard. Many turn their faces away as the crows who are still circling in the air smell the stench of burned flesh dive down wards.

They decended upon the two and started to pluck their eyes out. The crows started to feast on the parts that weren't burned yet. Many of the cultivators were green in their faces. Many throw up where they were standing. It dawns on them that the man they were once again planning on killing were the one who is righting the wrongs of their previous life.

As the two were burning, Wei Ying pulled Chenqing from his side and brought it to his lips, and started playing the same eery tune they all were so familiar with. Fierce corpses decended upon Koi Tower, and with the crows, they all attacked the rest of the cultivators. They were fighting them of as best as they could, but it was to no avail. Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyoa were burned to ashes. They screamed and beg for mercy, but no mercy came. Lan Zhan and Wei Ying just watched with cold eyes as the crows and puppets feast on their bodies. When the last cries die down. Wei Ying brought Chenqing back to his lips.