Chapter 3

Nunew squinted, trying to get a clearer picture of the guy who was standing under the shady light of the living room. He looked at the man from head to toe. Tall, small face and eyes, pointed nose, muscular arms and perfect figure. 'It is him....the guy in that picture.'

"Are you deaf or what? I asked you, where have you been?!" Zee raised his voice.

Nunew's shoulders jerked up as the man's voice snapped him out of his scanning activity. The voice sounded sterner than before and his eyes were filled with fury as he stared at Nunew. If he were cyclops, his laser beam would burn Nunew by now. The man then advanced his steps towards Nunew, causing the other guy to gulp down his saliva.

'What is his problem?' Nunew grumbled in his mind. He was protesting inside but still, he could feel his heart beating rapidly. The sound of his heart beat was so clear that he could count how many beats per second it was. His eyes followed the man's steps as Zee slowly approaching him. However, the feeling of scared towards the guy and all the nervousness he was experiencing vanished as soon as he remembered what the guy had called him. 'Beggar huh?'. He smirked.

"Ouh, relax! Is it me or you the deaf one? Why you have to shout?! It's not like I'm in Bangkok and you're in Chiang Rai. We are only ten steps apart." He said casually and turned around, arranging his steps to the kitchen.

"What the...." Zee mumbled and his eyebrows bunched, shocked to see the abrupt change in Nunew's behaviour. Just yesterday he saw the guy still dwelling in sadness, gloomy as ever, but that day he looked like someone who just got a new supreme energy bestowed on him.

Before Nunew could enter the kitchen, he nearly fell backward when a hand grasped his arm harshly. The grip was strong. It was Zee Pruk. The man followed him as soon as he left him.

"Whoa..whoa...easy tiger....easy!" Nunew said and turned his face to Zee. He pushed Zee's hand slowly out of his arm.

"Where do you think you are going? And what did you say just now?" Zee spoke through his gritted teeth.

"I am going to the kitchen. Can't you see?" Nunew pointed to the kitchen.

"Nih! You listen to me. If it is not for the maids in this house, I would have beaten you long time ago! You really love making angry don't you, huh?!"

"Ouh, knock it of Zoo Prik! You think you are the only one who likes to beat people? I like to beat people too!" he tilted up his chin as he retorted. If there were people witnessing the scene, they would think that Nunew was going toe to toe with Zee.

"What...Zoo....Zoo Prik?" Zee frowned. This time, the frown was worse than before. His face changed from angry to baffled.

"Ouh! What was it again... emm...Zee.....it is
Zee Pruk right? Sorry, your name is hard to be remembered, besides, my brain cells have many other important things to remember instead of your name!" Nunew smirked. Annoying the man was his new hobby. He could feel the sense of triumphant grew inside him as he irritated Zee.

"You...!!" Zee raised his hand towards Nunew's face. He was fuming with rage because his stare proved it all. It could kill anybody at that time. But Nunew just stood there with his nonchalant face, taunting Zee's action. His face was saying 'Hit me if you dare! You think I can't hit you back? You are so wrong, dude.'

"Ehem!" Prang cleared her throat, trying to get the attention from both men. Zee quickly put his hand down when he heard the sound.

"Yes?" Zee shot the question to the old lady, trying to break the awkward situation.

"Your mom has been calling, Young master. She kept asking when will you and Khun Nhu arrive at the Panich's mansion?"

"What....Khun Nhu?!" Zee glared at the old lady.