Alicia (24)

'My dear System...?'

[Hmm...?]

'Is it possible to do a refund for all the points I spent so far..?'

[Ara... Eli-sama, let me check for you.]

A while later.

[The answer is... Nope.]

On the bed was a wanton scene of the after-effects of desire. The blanket barely covered the fair skin of the lady, whose skin was covered with strawberry marks.

The aforementioned said lady also known as Eliza... was entirely exhausted.

Which idiot... used up all her points to buy a lovely mountain fort that no one could go to... and now... now... she was stuck here in this sickening harlequin romance cycle and can't get out of.

(System: That idiot is you?)

She tried to move her exhausted body but immediately after, a cold hand slid over her naked waist and pulled him towards her.

'Why is his body heat always so hot... but his hands are cold no matter which world we live in' Eliza thought wearily.

"No... more.."

A hoarse low voice replied her... "I thought Eli isn't done role-playing yet."

He chuckled with his eyes closed as he drew her to him, like a snake curling round his prey.

Eliza nearly cried at his reply. If he was still role-playing, why doesn't she see him acting like his character- an inexperienced virgin, a cute young puppy?? This... snake!!! Still devious in a rabbit skin.

Cry... maybe she should have kept to the godsister route ... at least she could have stopped him in the name of incest...

(System: I doubt so)

Before the hand slid further down, Eliza grabbed onto Henry's hand.

"Darling~ Poofy bear~ lovely baby~"

She immediately felt goosebumps rising up the arm of the hand she held and smirked.

"You know my task here is to find the cure. I gotta be busy... if not poor Eli will be gone after this world~"

Immediately, Eli was grabbed and placed under the now Henry who sat up. His gray eyes not seeing yet oddly, looking at her.

His nose landed on hers as his cold breath seemed to entangle her...

"Eh... I tot Eli doesn't want to live anymore..."

His cold fingers lingered and trailed on her smooth skin.

"Aren't I doing my job... to let you die a little more?"

Ehhhh, Eli cried internally. This is a misunderstanding. What death? What dying?? She desperately wants to live!!

"Erm- honey- the cure? My heart aches at how all mankind will die without a cure. Oh tragedy. Tragi-"

Before she could end her sentence, Henry dove in to kiss her deeply.

System sighed. Another round I guess. He set up the barrier wall again to block out what shouldn't be seen or heard.

*****

Mina looked at the entrance of the cave with complicated eyes.

"How could this be??"

Berry's piercing cry woke them up.

"The cave entrance.... Is gone," murmured Michael in disbelief.

The previous entrance, the whirling zombie tide pool... all missing.

Handel frowned as his eyes seems to link far using the trees.

"I can't sense anything with the trees around... inside... is a normal mountain... nothing but insects or tiny animals..."

Handel's powers had grown to include sensory powers using wood.

"In that case..." Mina glanced at Berry whose face had turned red, although from embarrassment or anger, she didn't quite know.

The men from the two fortress looked at each other and tried to remain quiet. But an embarrassing awkward silence filled the air.

What retaliation can there be towards an empty mountain.

*****

While Berry and Mina tried to ascertain a way into the mountain, quietly stalking figures was moving towards every fortress in the world.

Wearing a grotesque marching suit with a large red hat, these figures walked to the entrance, alarming the sentries who would lift their guns up ready to shoot at the first sign of aggression.

But the figures would lift the cloth packages they carry and place it on the floor, opening the package up to reveal 3 vials of tubes, a letter and a large sign that says "The cure is here!"

These figures would then stand up and stagger a little as if their legs can't work well to the suspicious glares of the sentries, bow, and stagger back to the woods.

Without the prying eyes of the sentries, a black hole appeared and sucked the staggering figure into it.

The sentries quietly informed their higher ups and the package was brought in.

Soon all forts were in an uproar. In the message was the recipe for the cure and in the vials- the samples. They tried the cure and it worked! Humanity was saved!

"Humanity is saved! Hooray! Hooray for Alicia-sama!"

Cheers rang in the ship that was coasting down the calm lake as zombies loomed near the shore.

"Girls girls, please calm down. Loud noises... is causing me a headache."

The girls giggled and laughed.

"Alicia-sama hasn't been sleeping well neh"

The girls weren't envious. They have been having a wonderful time feeding the crystals they have been hunting from mutant plants to their bishie pet and have noticed that their bishie has started to act more like a human.

Alicia wryly smiled at the girls before her and the zombie king who was quietly turning more human-like.

This scene... was reminiscent of the novels she tried to transmigrate into except... the lead wasn't her... and the harem of beautiful partners... well....

A warning squeeze in her palm jolted her from her reverie.

Her "throne" looked at her quietly...

Eliza sighed. When will her shapely bottoms be able to sit on a proper chair and not on this man's lap?

She closed her eyes and counted to the end of this novel's world.

————

A/N: Alicia's arc has finally ended. Phew.