Chapter 1: The Betrayal, The Survival

The death of Dhruv broke Tara into pieces. She became numb and started hating her own family. The Bhaiji she loved the most became the most hated person of her life. Her father is hell bent of marrying her off with Senapati. She sat on her bed closing her eyes, trying to think of her future. In her vision she saw Senapati comming near her. Tara gasped and opened her eyes. She can die but not let Senapati come near her. She can foresee exploitation and torture in her future. She knows very well that Senapati will kill her family hook or by crook to get the throne. He will do everything for it. Thunder cracked outside the window. Tara got up and went towards her secret Vedshala. There she took some herbs and started to grind them. While grinding them she recalled something. Tara went to that room where Ravi was lying.
"Baba.... aap khare ho sakte ho?? Aap ghar chalke ja sakte ho??"
Ravi lies speechless
"Apko chalna hi hoga Baba... apne parivar ke liye... aapke bete ki raksha mai na kar payi... parantu mai apko apke parivar se abasya milaungi... yeh hoga mere paapo ka prayachitra"
Ravi started breathing hard.
"Aap man mai sakti layiye... apko bohat lambi yatra tyar karna hai..."
Tara looked here and there and then took Ravi up. She gathered all her Chandravanshi strength to carry him. Ravi felt her and tried to put his steps to which he succeeded. Ravi smiled looking at Tara's face. Tara got him sitted in her secret Vedshala. Tears rolled down Ravi's eyes. He tried to speak something, he tried to get up, but failed.

Tara arranged Dhruv's luggage and took every item of 21st century so that nothing remains. She  came back to her secret chamber and put the things beside Ravi. Then Tara went to her Kanha ji and knelt down folding her hands.
"Kanha ji sakti dijiye... ashirbad kijiye ki mai mere jivan ka anktim karya samapt kar pau... ab Dhruv Tara ka milan apke charno mai hoga... jay ho.. subj ho.."
Saying so Tara drank the herbs she grinded.
"Yeh bish mujhe byas ek din jibit rehne ka anumati deti hai... agar mai pakri bhi geyi to kabhi Senapati ki ho nehi paungi... Dhruv ke sath mera milan ab koi nehi rok sakta..." Tara gave a wierd smile with tears in her eyes.

Ravi started to groan hearing her words. He went restless and tried to go near her but instead fell down his bed.
"Baba..." Tara ran towards Ravi, "Baba... aap shant ho jayiye... bichalit na hoyiye... mai atit hu... atit bhulne ke liye hi hota hai... aapko apka parivar wapas milega... parantu woh mere karan purna rup se bikhar chuka hai... iska dand mai hum khudko denge... " Tara sounded like a robot. Ravi felt that the girl has gone into depression. Her broken affair with his son Dhruv is making her end her life. In these few days Tara has become like Ravi's daughter. He couldn't tell her that he lost his son but doesn't want to loose her. He again tried to get up.
"Nee... hi..." he mumbled.
Tears rolled down Tara's eyes. She ran out of her room and arranged all the things. She looked at the moon, the moon which stands as the witness to her love. She closed her eyes and put a cut on her arm with a knife, then she writes a letter with her blood and calls a servant to give that letter to her brother, the Yuvraj. As the servant crossed the premises she heard a huge blast behind. She looked back and saw flames emerging from the little gaps of the closed door. The guards opened the door but the flames were too much. Soon Yuvraj and Maharani ran to the spot. All tried to put water on the flames but it just intensified the matter. Maharaj came with Senapati.
"Koi tha to nehi under??" Asked Mahavir
"Rajkumari ji the under... unhone aapko yeh chitthi dene ko bole... aur..." answered the servant.
Mahavir got shocked. He snatched the letter from her hand and after reading it he went numb.
"TARUUUUUUU...." He shouted and tried to enter the room but Maharaj and Maharani stopped him.
"Taruu.... meri Taruuu...." Mahavir struggled in the grasps of his parents whose eyes are also filled with concern. Senapati stood confused but he understood very well that his string of power has gone out of his hands. His face got filled with disgust.

Tara struggled through the secret passage with Ravi. The whole Vallabhgarh's attention went to the fire in the Palace. Ravi tried his best to assist her and succeded. He believes that once they reach 21st century the advanced medical science will be able to save Tara. With that power in his heart he started walking on his trembling limbs.