1 | 𝖡 𝖤 𝖦 𝖨 𝖭 𝖭 𝖨 𝖭 𝖦 𝖲

The elegant lights beamed upon me as I brushed my form-fitting black gown straight and walked up to the podium

The elegant lights beamed upon me as I brushed my form-fitting black gown straight and walked up to the podium. The room was full of important people, people we hated, and people we'd consider to be one of our own.

This was the annual dinner and negotiations between the most dangerous and the weakest families.

Although this year it was different, with tensions on edge, and alliances going head to head, this was no joke. This was the one night when fighting wasn't allowed, and we all got along even if it resulted in the death of us.

As the right-hand leader of the Vipers, it was my duty this year to give the speech, an extremely important task. I had been with Hank for the past seven years since he had rescued me from the Chicago streets, a place where no child or teen should ever be.

Since then he has given me the proper resources needed to train and anything I could ever ask for, he took me under his wings at a time in my life when parenting was crucial.

Since then we have worked together to train new generations of people who want to learn and make their name known in the industry, an industry that isn't for everyone.

The room was full of round tables with people in attire just as fancy as mine, all conversing over something presumably important. I tapped my hand against the microphone in hopes of getting the crowd's attention but turned up empty-handed.

Parting the slit in my dress I removed my gun from my thigh holster before cocking it and searching for something to shoot.

On the opposite side of the room sat a punch bowl filled with something presumably consisting of alcohol and to my luck a quick and easy shot.

Raising my gun still didn't attract any attention but the shot that followed it surely did.

A few gasps sounded from around the rooms but most people sat silently in their seats, "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted but now I highly doubt I need an introduction. But, for you slow ones, I'm Ivory Diaz from the Vipers and this year it's been my honor to deliver this speech." the audience now sat with a disgusted and embarrassed look except for one person.

He was a guy that I'd often heard about, it was impossible not to but I'd never had the fortune to meet him personally. He came from a family that Hank hated, a family that had been jumping the ranks quickly since their arrival in Chicago a few years after I had joined.

He leaned against one of the large pillars in the center of the room with a smirk on his face.

"This year has been good and bad for all of us, but I'm sure you all already know that so I'm not going to waste your time.

But, there are a few things that do need to be talked about, first, we'd like to congratulate Hank Sullivan the leader of the Vipers himself." I said as the crowd erupted in applause as Hank took the stage with me.