14 | 𝖲 𝖠 𝖥 𝖤

I spent most of the trip filling her in on the details of what was going on, "I just don't understand, why would you save me?" she asked confusedly

"I promised you to do what I could to get you out of there. This is the one thing I can control."

She looks over the console at me with tear-filled eyes, "Your the first person to actually save me and mean it." she cries.

"Don't cry." I say squeezing her arm, "You remind me of my younger self." I whisper thinking out loud.

"What? How?" Roxanna asks, "You must have been tough and brave back then too."

"Roxanna, when I was younger I felt in debt to Hank for saving me, and then after the death of Camilla we were the only originals left." I start.

"Who's Camilla?" she asks, "Camilla was the original housemaid of the Vipers, she was such a caring soul but she became tainted by the industry. She passed away of unknown causes not long after I turned eighteen." I shrug, "I guess you could say she was my mother figure for a few years."

"No offense, but how did a fifteen-year-old help start the Vipers?" she asks, "Because, he needed someone innocent looking enough to run his dirty work without any questions. What a better way than to find an abandoned and helpless teenager?"

"But you stayed loyal to him until recently?" she asks again, "I wouldn't say completely loyal because obviously there were a few slip-ups, but yeah, his true colors began to show."

"Wait, so you're telling me if I hadn't asked for help you'd just left me there to die with the rest of them?"

I wait a second before answering with a loud and defeated sigh, "No, leaving you there would have haunted me, and made it feel like I was leaving my younger self to die." she looks at me with some hope in her eyes, "I'm not sure how, but I appreciate you."

I finally pull into the gated driveway that I'd been to several times before as his black G-wagon sits parked. "You never said where we were going." Roxanna gulps, "I know, just promise me that you won't freak out." I say nervously. "Well what is it?" she asks again, "I think you'll see."

I park my car behind him before cutting the ignition off and slamming open my door, his door opening as I step out. "My men are already stationed and ready at the house," he assures me. I look over at Roxanna to introduce her but she just stares, her jaw open, and her eyes fixed on Grey.

"This is Roxanna, one of the Viper's old recruits." I introduce as she stands still, "Roxanna, staring is rude." I remark flashing a smile.

"You're Greyson D'Angelo." she mutters clasping her hands over her mouth, "I hate to interrupt this but we are on a time crunch, we've got places to be." I snap my fingers as I open the door and hit the trunk button.

Me and Grey pile her belongings into his car while Rosanna fixes herself, "Sorry, you were right that was very rude of me." she starts grabbing the last of her things as we slam the trunk closed. "I'll have Marco drive your car to the house," Grey says as I nod.