CHAPTER TWO

A wave of relief hit Sandy just as soon as soon as he broke away from the exhibit. "I'm... free.", he said to himself. He looked around to see any human workers - or Keepers, as they were called - were present. However, his moment of bliss was quickly interrupted by a deafeningly shrill scream of terror and agony.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!!"

Sandy's heart stopped upon hearing the scream, and he rushed over to the source. It was a grisly sight - another animal, either corrupted or hypnotized - was viciously mauling a pink tiger.

Sandy's eyes shrunk and his temper rose. Talons erupted from his feet, and  demonic, birdlike claws shot out where his hooves used to be. Four brownish lumps appeared on his back, as the skin around the lumps sloughed off, leaving a nasty odor that got nastier as he got angrier.

Black tentacles shoot out along with pinkish red blood spurting out and his eyes glowed as he looked down menacingly at the animal, who appeared to be a wolf, and said wolf stopped attacking the tiger to face him. "Just what do YOU think you're doing to her?", he demanded.

"Well? Answer me, dammit!"

The wolf looked up and put down the tiger, who tried getting to get away from him, but collapsed as she did so. He scoffed, "What does it look like? She escaped, so I had take care of the situation."

"Who cares?!", Sandy retorted. "Us animals didn't get put on this Earth just so those Keepers can lock us up in cages that are NOTHING like our REAL HABITATS! And don't tell me that the Keepers had something to do with you doing that to her!"

The wolf inched closer to Sandy, ready to confront the corrupted giraffe. The wolf happened to be hypnotized, judging by the blue and swirly look of his eyes. He bared his blood soaked fangs and Sandy shot his tentacles at him, wrapping them around his body.

"You're nothing.", Sandy said sharply. "Just a byproduct of those bastard Keepers, aren't you? That why they hypnotized you to get rid of her? You're just preventing her from leaving and experiencing the wild, 'cause that's what scum like you do. Worthless, putrid, vile scum."

The wolf flashed his blue eyes and growled. Before he could attack, one of Sandy's tentacles shot through and pierced his flesh, blood and viscera splattering as he flopped to the ground.

After the wolf had been dismembered by the tight grip and force of Sandy's tentacles, the corrupted giraffe rushed over to check on the tiger.

"Hey! Are you alright?", Sandy asked. The tiger let out a pained moan, but looked up to answer him. "Jeez, you're in terrible shape. Let's get you someplace safe, okay?"

Sandy gently picked up the tiger and rushed her to an abandoned storage tower to keep her safe.

She had been wounded badly, but Sandy managed to find in a nearby medicine cabinet. She opened one eye to look at Sandy as she slowly started to regain consciousness.