CHAPTER FOUR

A/N: Hello all, back once more after a long ass hiatus. And I apologize for it being that long as I had a lot of... real life stuff going on. But anyway, here's chapter 4!

————————————————————————

They had to run. Sandy and Catrina both knew that if they ran, there was a slimmer chance of them getting caught by the Keepers. Being caught was the last on their minds, anyways. And so was being taken to the Backhouse.

They found an exhibit with a light blue monkey sawing the metal bars she and the other monkeys were in open. Upon realizing the saw was already dull, she managed to slip through the bars she had attempted to saw open.

As soon as she did so, a collar around her neck buzzed, giving her a shock. She shrieked in pain, but managed to unscrew the back and toss out the batteries. "Friggin' Keepers...", she muttered to herself. "Just had to lock me up in this godforsaken inescapable prison..."

Sandy and Catrina approached the monkey. "Hey, are you alright?", Catrina asked. "Yeah, I'm fine.", the monkey answered. "Name's Mio, by the way. Nice meeting you. If I'm not mistaken, you're looking for recruits, right?". "We are.", Sandy said. "We need someone to help us take down the Zoo." Mio nodded. "Noted. By the looks of it, one of you is corrupted, right?" "I am." Sandy answered. "Blame the Keepers. But don't worry - we're gonna make their sorry asses pay for locking us up in those cages."

*LATER*

The trio set off to do their usual business - find any animals to help them along their quest for vengeance. But they had come across a disturbing sight - and that was the Backhouse.

Sandy froze in terror upon the sight. "Oh god...", he cracked out. "No... this can't be.". But just then, a green zebra burst out of the Backhouse, bloodied and mangled. But just then, a Keeper came in, pulling him back in. "That's enough now," the Keeper said, walking him to the Backhouse as he struggled.

He then looked at Sandy deviously. "We'll get you taken care of next..." Sandy struggled as the Keeper pulled him into the Backhouse. "Let go of me, you son of a BITCH!", he screamed. Mio and Catrina called out for him.

*Mio's POV*

This couldn't stand at all. We're not letting those Keepers take our leader Sandy to that hellhole. We had to get him back somehow. My eyes switched to a dull grey and glowed purple. Monstrous tails broke out of my sides and I pounced on him.

"You let him go now.", I demanded. The Keeper didn't budge. "He fell out of line, little monkey.", the Keeper said with a sinister smugness. "You shut up and give me one reason I shouldn't kill you now.", I threatened as claws shot out of my fingers, piercing his flesh, drawing some blood as my claws dug deep inside. The Keeper tried fighting back, but was thrown down.

I stepped closer, picking him up in midair, ripping him apart agonizingly as gore splattered everywhere. The zebra skittered away from the sight as the Keeper was mutilated. As we tried to approach him, he backed away.