Chapter Three: Apologies and The Howler

Rose woke up to the sound of someone banging on the door. That someone was Tom.

    "Etta, get up!" he shouted. She groaned and rolled over. "Do not ignore me! You are going miss breakfast!" That statement got Rose's attention. She quickly threw on her clothes, but as she was putting on her top, her hands lingered on the green tie around her neck. "Well I suppose there is nothing I can do about it now, is there?" she thought, as she grabbed her booksack and ran through the door.

    Rose was met at the entrance of the common room by Tom, Scorpius, and a resentful looking Albus. "Er- hey... Rose," Albus said nervously. "Sorry about... yesterday." Rose grinned. "It's alright, Al. I'm also sorry... to you, too, Scorpius," she said, turning to look at an awkward acting Scorpius. He looked quite shocked by the fact that Rose called him by his first name and not "Malfoy".

    "So..." Tom started awkwardly, "We should get to breakfast before they run out of pancakes. Their pancakes are so good!" "Yeah, let's go!" Albus took off running. "Last one there has to help the house-elves in the kitchens!"

                                    ***

Scorpius groaned in frustration. "Ugh! The one time I lose in a foot race!" Rose laughed. "That's just because you're slow!" Scorpius mocked being offended, and dramatically placed his hand over his heart. "I am not slow, for your information. You are just faster than me," he said, laughing.

    Rose giggled. Tom, looking a bit angry, looked at her. "Etta, let's go eat. Over there," he said, jerking his head toward the end of the Slytherin table. "Er- okay.." Rose replied, glancing over at Albus and Scorpius, who were standing behind them looking confused. Tom grabbed her arm and led her over to sit down.

    After she sat down, an oddly firmiliar tawny owl swooped down above her head and dropped a red evelope in her lap. Rose's eyes grew large. Looking over her shoulder, Tom gasped. "A howler?" he said in shock, "Bloody hell, Etta! On your first day, too!" "Well, should I-" "Just open it. See what it has to say! You never know, it may be a good howler!" Tom suggested.

    Rose nodded in agreement and started opening the dreaded letter. As she peeled off the seal, her fingers burned hot. She threw the letter back on the table, and it started screaming at her. In none other than Ronald Weasley's voice.

    "Rosetta Granger-Weasley! How dare you get sorted into Slytherin?! I am extremely disappointed in you! I thought your mother and I tought you better! All you had to do was be sorted into Gryffindor, and we would be happy! Bloody hell! So what if Albus was put in Slytherin too?!" (Albus flushed with embarrassment as everyone looked at him)  Then Hermione's soft voice filled the room, "Dear, we aren't disapppointed in you. We are just a bit- er.. shocked! Yes, that's the correct word." "But 'Mione! She's a bloody Slytherin!" Ron shouted hopelessy. "Rosie, dear, we love you so very much. Please don't let people bully you, and let me know if they do. We will have Teddy Avada them in their sleep. I'm joking of course. Goodbye, Rosie!"

    The letter suddenly shriveled up and exploded. Rose could feel everyone's stare. "Let her be, you lousy gits! It's not like most of you haven't got a Howler before!" James shouted from the Gryffindor table. Everyone continued eating, and Rose smiled at James. "Thanks," she mouthed. "Of course, Posie," James mouthed back, grinning.

-------------------------------------------------------

   My apologies, guys! This was a short chapter, but fear not! There will be longer and more interesting ones from now on!

                                  -Maddi😎