Chapter 8: Over The Line

Word Count: 4,038

Average Reading Time: 23 minutes

LEGEND

Bold text- Thoughts

(R/N)- Reader's name/Chosen Nickname

(F/N) (L/N)- (First Name) (Last Name)

Underlined Text- Name of Speaker

I: Himiko Toga; The Joker of Hearts

Kurogiri wipes away the last droplets of sake from a double shot glass. Today's introductory meeting for the newest League of Villains members went smoothly. All For One found several powerful villains who share a similar mentality with Shigaraki. They sat around the bar room and went over who they were and what they could do with their quirks. Most of them seem like disposable pawns to Kurogiri, but a few did stand out as unique enough to be acknowledged as allies.

Kurogiri places the clean glass under the bar top then goes to grab the next one in line. He pulls his misty hand away from it when he sees red smudges lining the outer glass. Smudges of blood. A ring of milk stagnates at the bottom. Only one person drank something as simple as milk at the meeting.

Kurogiri: Toga.

Kurogiri calls over to Himiko Toga at the far end of the bar top. She's kicking her legs and humming to herself while peeling off the surface layer of skin from her fingertips with a knife. Flakes of skin gather in a small pile below her hands.

Kurogiri: Toga!

Toga: Yesums?

Kurogiri: This is disgusting. There's blood all over this glass. Wash your hands before touching anything in here, girl.

Kurogiri wraps the glass in a wet rag then warps it to her end of the bar.

Kurogiri: Clean it. And stop peeling the skin off your hands in here. You're shedding all over the varnish. This place isn't a hotel.

Toga pinches the pile of skin flakes then sprinkles them on her outstretched tongue. She swallows the skin to Kurogiri's disgust.

Kurogiri: Child-

A wall phone behind Kurogiri rings. He grabs the handle to answer it.

Kurogiri: What is my favorite drink?

All For One (Phone): Anarchy.

Kurogiri: All For One, sir. How may I help you?

All For One (Phone): Is Toga there? We must discuss our next move against Yato.

Kurogiri presses a button on the phone box then hangs up the phone.

Kurogiri: You're on speaker.

Toga: Hi Onesy!

Kurogiri: You will call him All For One or master.

All For One (Phone): Let it be, Kurogiri. Her high energy is appreciated.

Toga smiles to herself and kicks the bar in glee, scuffing the polished wood with her shoes. 

All For One (Phone): Yato set us up yesterday. My informant was duped. We fell into his hands.