Chapter 8.5: Itsuka Kendo 1

For more information on the optional romance chapters, please read "!Optional Chapter Information!"

Word Count: 4,280

Average Reading Time: 23 minutes

LEGEND

Bold text- Thoughts

(R/N)- Reader's name/Chosen Nickname

(F/N) (L/N)- (First Name) (Last Name)

Underlined Text- Name of Speaker

Secondary Romance

I: Charging In Blind

You step onto a crowded train departing the station near U.A. and grab a hand rest above your head after finding a cozy spot near a window away from the smelly crowd of people. Leaving U.A. late due to your tutoring sessions with Black Wind is taking a toll on your grades and sleep. One more hour spent at U.A. is another hour less you get to work on the piles of homework in your school bag before it cuts into your normal bedtime. The bustling city outside wizzes by the window. Fading sunlight flashes the train car in sporadic sprays of orange and yellow. 

The train ride home normally takes fifteen to twenty-five minutes a day. Your route starts in the business center of the city where high rises and well-off individuals are commonplace. Fancy homes in suburbs and glamorous apartments are the first to greet you every day on your way home. Then, the train will take you through the largest section of the city, that of which being the conglomerations of local communities in two story houses along a flat stretch of land: Repaved streets. Gated homes. Nice small businesses. The works. Many of your classmates live in this area of the city. Kirishima, for instance, leaves the train at the next stop when he's on the train with you. 

Thinking of Kirishima draws your attention to the train car. Strangers surround you. Most of them are distracting themselves by scrolling through their phones or reading books. A few are staring out the windows like yourself. A girl around your age in the back corner of the carriage is standing with her armed crossed, drinking in the sight of the cityscape beyond the glass and metal. You see what she's wearing and freeze for a moment. 

Grey two button suit jacket. 

Dark green skirt cut above the knees. 

Crimson red tie. 

You: She's a U.A. student. I haven't seen her before-

The girl feels your gaze and shifts her body to look at her observer. Her waist long ginger hair, tied up in a side ponytail with short wild bangs covering her forehead and the bridge of her nose, sways around and comes to a rest on her shoulder. You snap your head back to the window like a soldier told to stand at attention. 

You: Crap! She probably thinks I was creeping on her!

You sense her moving towards you. She grabs the hand rest beside yours and scans your clothes. There's a powerful need to explain yourself haunting your thoughts.

You: Eh... Hi, I noticed your U.A. uniform and was trying to place your face. I didn't mean to stare at you or anything- 

Ginger Haired Girl: -It's all good! Don't worry about a thing. I'm Itsuka Kendo.