Chapter 1 - The Kennels of Karn

In the throes of their eternal conflict, Aelor and   Aluecien's energies created a maelstrom above the barren world

In the throes of their eternal conflict, Aelor and Aluecien's energies created a maelstrom above the barren world. Aelor, forced the bedrock upwards, intending to shape a fortress of shadows. But Aluecien, with a burst of her radiant essence, shone upon these emerging stones, her light seeping into the crevices, filling them with a brilliance that Aelor's darkness could not swallow. The glowing fortress of shadows lay buried beneath the dunes.

From this clash, the Jynn Dunes emerged, a vast canvas of light-drenched sand. Each grain a fragment of Aluecien's luminous light mixed with Aelor's impenetrable darkness. The land itself began to glow softly, eternally lit by an otherworldly luminescence that defied the night. And from this iridescent desert, the Jynns were born.

The Jynns mirrored the land from which they sprang: sturdy as the stone that lay beneath their shimmering sands, yet filled with a light that marked their being. With every grain of sand that danced in the wind, a Jynn's heart pulsed with the enduring energy of the land and the unwavering light of Aluecien. The Jynns are easy to spot with their glimmering hair that seems to glow and yet absorb light. In the day it seems to gleam but by night fades the Jynns in folds of stirring shade.

The Grand Kaizer of Diaegonvaeyn, Vorden Vaeyn, walked down a dark winding hallway within the catacombs of his keep centered in the grand capital of Karn. The Vaeyn family had established control over 300 years ago, uniting the warring factions under the dominion of the Vaeyns. It was ruled by that of pure unparalleled force. The power structure in Diaegonvaeyn consisted of two core factors, the possession of elemental dregs, derived from the elemental beasts that infested the land, and ancient legendary artifacts called Ark'Stones. Echledar Vaeyn had been a great hunter, and even more skilled Runikar.

Runikar's honed the ability to forge dregs with great skill into armor, weapons, and objects imbuing them with the essence of the beasts. There was a method to the harvesting and curating the dregs that Echledar, the great ancestor of the Vaeyn family had pioneered, increasing the strength and purity of the dreg harvesting methods.

The leaders of all the great families, of every faction either agreed to, were fatefully assassinated, or fled in fear, when the prospect of the Council of Khans was established. At the head of the council sat the illustrious Grand Kaizer. The greatest fighter of each faction fought to gain one of the five Royal Khan seats among the council, including the Jynns, Tygarians, Ma'gorens, Vestichs, and Kerns. The factions had fought endlessly for ages squabbling over dregs, land, and power. Echledar Vaeyn was not only a skilled Runikar who expertly experimented and extracted dregs, but was a master of shadows and shade, death and darkness, he created the intricate network of sinister spies and assassins, known as the infamous, Veiled Void.