Nightmares - MDL

653 - Nightmares. (Monkey D. Luffy)

"Thank you, for loving me.." Ace says, taking his last breath. He then falls to the floor, blood splattering and a smile on his face. He died, in my arms?

No. He promised he wouldn't die.. No, no, no, no..

"No!" Luffy sat up with tears in his eyes and a cold sweat on his forehead. He took a deep breath, picking up his hat which fell when he woke up suddenly. Recently, he asked Nami to sew in three of Ace's old spare beads on his hat. It's only given him nightmares...

Luffy sighed as he stumbled out of the boys cabin room. He glanced at the others, happy he still had his nakama. He opened the door to the grass deck, sitting in the middle of it.

"The sun's rising.." He said, glancing at the glaring sun. Although, stars were still shining. "Another nightmare?" Robin asks, sitting beside Luffy. "It won't get out of my head, Robin.." He said, his voice shakey and scared. Not his usual confident, strong, and powerful voice.

He leaned against Robin's shoulder, small sniffles could be heard from him. "Whenever I have nightmares about that.. buster call, I read or usually, i turn to you all for your happy energy." Robin says. "Really?" Luffy says. "You all make me truly happy." Robin explains.

Luffy smiles, he's glad he's made her happy. "Does that mean we could have a sleepover?!" Luffy said excitedly. He always loved being around his crew. "Lets ask the crew at breakfast. Everyone should be waking soon." Robin says, standing.

"Alright.." Luffy said, somewhat conscious that the crew would say no.

Sanji woke next, cutting vegetables and other various things for breakfast. Next was Usopp and Chopper, who was listening to Usopp's adventures on the island he was stuck on for two years. Then Nami woke, who began drinking a nice tangerine juice made by Sanji. Finally, Franky, Brook and Zoro came down. Brook already had his violin ready to play Bink's Sake.

Breakfast was served and everyone was talking. Although, things were a bit altered since Robin and Luffy were sitting next to each other. Usually, she'd sit in between Nami and Franky.
She then nudged Luffy, urging him to ask the question.

Luffy then stood, raising his hand slightly. Zoro perked up, wondering if it was important or just Luffy being Luffy. Before he could talk, "No, Luffy you cannot get fifths-" Sanji said, laughing as he flirted with Nami.

Luffy then slowly placed his hand down, thinking it didn't matter much anymore. "No, Luffy ask. You're the captain." Robin insisted. Luffy then nodded, slightly raising his voice. "Can we have a sleepover on the deck!?" Luffy asks, getting everyone's attention.

"No way-" Nami said.

"Yeah!" Chopper, Franky, and Usopp said.

"As long as there's sake." Zoro said.

"What?" Sanji said.

"It'll be fun!" Brook said, enthusiastically playing his violin.

"You're agreeing with this, Robin?" Sanji and Nami asked, seeing she was the only reasonable one. "Of course. Captain asked." She smiled, folding her arms. "Well I'll follow you anywhere, Robin-chan!" Sanji sang. "I guess I'll go.." Nami whispered, seeing everyone's enthusiasm.

"But why are we having a sleepover, Luffy?" Chopper asked. Luffy froze, not wanting to talk about it himself. He sat back down, glancing at Robin, who nodded.

"Luffy's been having nightmares of Ace's death for a few months. They've been eating at him.. Waking him up right before the sun rises." Robin explains. "So that's why you've been eating a little less.." Sanji said, noticing his Captain's appetite. Luffy just nodded as everyone just sat there in slight disappointment in themselves.

Ace's death was shocking, and it happened right in front of Luffy.. why wouldn't he have nightmares?

After finding this out, everyone happily agreed to spend the night with their captain. It was fun, and happy. That night, Luffy dreamt of staying with his friends forever.