Chp. 2

Holly's Pov:

i woke up the next morning and got ready to go for a run. as i left my room i looked across the hallway and saw Olivia sneaking out of Cole's room. for some reason my heart sank and i wasn't as happy as i was before. she sees me and freezes she looks pleading as she says "please don't tell Erin." "yea whatever your secret is safe with me" and every word i said made me more upset. this is why i don't get attached to people it always ends up hurting. as i go down the stairs for my run i see Nathan getting ready for a run as well "hey" he said looking up "who peed in your cereal this morning?" he asked laughing "oh nothing just haven't gotten up this early in a while. are you going for a run?" "yea are you?" "yep can i come with you i'm not fully adjusted to the surroundings yet" "sure" he replies excitedly. just as we were stretching out, Cole, Danny, and Alex came out. Cole looks at me and says "you're up early?" "you too" i reply with an unintentional bitterness but if i'm being honest it felt good. he looks at me with a questioning look before he says "chores" i don't even acknowlege him this time. me and Nathan leave to start our run.

when we get back from our run i go get ready to take a shower and everyone tells me i have to go use the shower downstairs so i do but when i'm in there i notice that the shampoo smells funny and then it hits me... they put red dye in the shampoo! i look in the mirror and it's not half bad and salvageable so i finish putting the dye in so it's even. When it's done it actually looks really cool so i dry it and put it in a braid type thing i'm not sure what to call it. (the picture is the hair)

 i picked out an adorable outfit including a brown leather jacket a white shirt jeans and aviators

i picked out an adorable outfit including a brown leather jacket a white shirt jeans and aviators. i walked into the car with the boys and their jaws dropped so hard i think i actually heard a pop like in the cartoons. Cole was the first to speak "nice hair New York" "oh shut i Cole i don't need your opinion." i saw Alex giggle out of the corner of my eye Cole on the other hand looked confused and a little hurt... good he deserves it after he openly flirted with me and then sleeps with another girl. i had heard he was a flirt but i didn't think it was this bad. i smiled sweetly and said "thanks for the makeover guys i really needed a change, also when i find out who was responsible they won't like what happens. now can we please leave i don't want a tardy." with that Cole hits the gas and we're on our way to school. i'm at my locker when Alex comes up to me hesitantly like he's nervous and says "hey is this your locker?" "yep" he smiles and says "mines right over there so if you need anything...." right as hes about to walk away i notice the book in his hand and ask him what he's reading he replies with "fellowship of the ring. have You read it?" "no but I've seen the movies " he looks giddy as he says" but the books are so much better" "i'll take your word for it" he walks away after that.

later that day I was walking in the hallway when Cole showed up at my side "why are you mad at me i thought you forgave me last night and we had fun on our ride?" "we did and i did forgive you but i shouldn't have" "well what changed" "i saw Olivia sneaking out of your room and beg me not to tell Erin that you slept with her. so not only did you openly flirt with me don't try to deny it, you openly flirted while you had two other girls currently and the rumor mill tells me you stole Alex's girlfriend over the summer so that Cole is what changed because i will not be lead on or have my emotions played with right now. you knew what i went through and you still toyed with me and i'd be willing to bet that you had something to do with my hair" he looked shocked he started to say something when principle Tara called my name and i turned away from him "i just found out that there is a volunteer position on the student council and coach tells me your trying out for track?" "yes ma'am" "good i told you everything would work out" as she was about to leave she turned to Cole and said he had to come see her. i started walking to art cole catches up though and says "track, student council, knowing how to ride horses, playing instruments and having perfect grades, damn girl when do you sleep" a little part of me deflates as he brings up topics from our conversation last night when i was swooning over our talk, i was so stupid. he also didn't try to bring up our last conversation either, coward. "ill sleep when i have my degree from Cornell" and i try to walk off but he follows me all the way to art when i get in the class and he's still following me i turn and say "what are you doing" he smirks as he replies "walking you to class" i scoff and roll my eyes so hard when i say "go walk Paige, or Erin, or Olivia but leave me alone" his smirk falls as he says "suit yourself" and walks off. when i sit down Grace and Kylie are staring at me like i'm god or an alien "what" i ask getting irritated grace answers first "you just told THE Cole Walter to leave you alone after he blatantly flirted with you! that's what" "yea after i caught a girl coming out of his room this morning." "oh" they said in unison "yea"

When i walk in to student council and see Erin is president i almost walk out right there but i need this so i plead my case and Erin agrees after tons of convincing from the rest of the council.

after the meeting i go to the pharmacy to bye hair dye to get the red out because as cool as it is i'm more of a blue girl so i do that and see that the vet where Kathrine works is right across the street. i get the idea to really stick it to Cole. i walk over and ask to see Kathrine when she comes out i ask if we can go talk in private she agrees and when she sees my hair she asks what happened i tell her that someone put hair dye in the shampoo and thank goodness i used to die my hair or i wouldn't have known how to fix it. that's when cole appears and says "hey mom your truck is fixed and parked outside." "thanks cole" she replied "oh and honey can you take Holly home?" he looks at me like he just realized i was there and said "yeah sure" as i'm leaving Kathrine calls out that we will get this sorted out.

in the drive home cole asked "what was the thing you guys are going to sort out" i smirk and say "my hair" "what do you mean your hair" "well i told her someone put hair dye into the shampoo." his face changes "you snitched?" "yea i needed to teach you a lesson" the car goes silent and he take a right onto a dirt road i haven't been on yet when i ask "where are we going" he doesn't answer he just gets out of the car so i follow and he says "we can't go home yet because there's a thing with us kids we don't snitch so when they find out you did they're going to need time to cool off." he keeps going and i follow after a little when i get to where he stopped he has flowers in his hand and offers them to me i take them begrudgingly because this is flirting and i told him not to do that. he sits on a rock so i sit too.

we had some good conversation then he says something i don't expect "i'm sorry for flirting and not telling you that i had other girls, i'm especially sorry you had to find out by one of them leaving my room but i only had Olivia over because i was having a feeling that i hadn't had before and was trying to get rid of it. it was like i wanted to be around you all the time i had real emotional attraction to you and it wasn't purely physical and that scared me." i roll my eyes did he expect me to believe this "your funny but not original that's what they all say." i say standing getting ready to head back to the car. when i get there he's following. he gets in and drives us home, the drive is silent.

when we get home the boys looked pissed at me so i decided to skip dinner and went straight to my room when Alex comes up with food i almost tell him to go away but i hold back when i realize i really hungry. he asks "wanna see something cool" "sure" he motions for me to follow him and i do he takes me out to the barn and starts climbing the ladder to the loft when he gets there he looks over the edge at me and asks if i'm coming so i do and i see that the loft is turned into a chill zone. he says "do you like adrenaline" "yes!" he starts to go out on the rafters and then suddenly jumps into a pile of hay when he stands I yell "MY TURN" and walk out carefully and jump. it felt so liberating to fall like that. i'm about to climb the ladder to go again cole shows up and asks "what all the comotion" alex answers for me "nothing i'm just showing holly the loft" he turns to me and says "hey ill see you later ok?" "yep" cole looks at me then and i say "leave me alone i asked nicely earlier but you cant seem to take a hint." "oh i can i just have a feeling that's not what you want." "You're wrong."

"sure i am"