Chp. 3

Hollys pov:

In the morning will shows me and Alex the cider cart and gives us directions on how to use it. I'm not really paying attention because I see Cole throwing football with Parker and giving her advice. It's so wholesome and sweet I wonder how he could be so different to people his age.

When I show up at school Olivia shows up at my side and says "thank you for not ratting on me to Erin." "yea no problem" i say back with as much emphasis as possible almost too much emphasis. "Let's head to student council" "yea"

When we reach the student council room and sit down erin starts by saying "we need to think of a fundraiser for homecoming this weekend all ideas are good ideas" i got the idea for a silent auction that would be perfect when i rise my hand "what about a silent auction, we could get local businesses in on it" erin looks upset as people start agreeing with me. She looks forced as she says "all in favor?" The entire room excluding Erin raises their hand. "So it's settled"

The morning of homecoming i walk by coles room and hear will telling him that he has to run the cart with alex and i great.i show up to the cart with alex and neither cole or will is there so i assume they both flaked. Alex and I start selling cider when the tap jams so we decide to go check out the madness of the homecoming crowd.

Cole finally shows up and fixes the tap which means Alex and I have to get back to selling cider. When Cole comes back from fixing the tap I ask "where were you? And what was wrong with the tap?" "I was helping mom chill and why don't I just show you what was wrong?" "Sure" we walk over to the cart. Just as he starts explaining music plays and the football team appears wiping coles smile away like someone had taken it. He stops talking and walks away. Later we are selling cider and cole makes up some bullshit line about his grandma and cider which was actually pretty funny as alex wedges in between us to put a new jug of cider on the stand he says "our grandma never said that" cole looks annoyed as he says "by all means show us how it's done" and steps back. Alex proceeds to say something so cringe I got second hand embarrassment just being near him plus he drove off customers.

I was done being near them and went to check on the silent auction when Erin shows up and says "not that many sales i'd hate to be the one responsible if we didn't get a new theater" and walks off. Promptly ruining my mood, Cole showed up not a second later with concern on his face as he asked "something wrong New York?" "nothing i'm fine" he gives me a disbelieving look and i crack "fine the auction isn't going well and if we don't raise enough erins going to make sure its my first and last contribution to the fundraising committee." he smiles as he says "erin doesn't have that kind of power and say she did there's a million other committees in this school." "yea but Cornell will look for consistency and follow through" i say getting panicked. I see the wheels in his brain turning before he walks toward the stage when he gets up there he grabs a football and yells "mr.summerhill go long" and throws the football at him mr. Summerhill catches it as skylar comes up next to me yelling ''go dad" everyone cheered for mr.summerhill while cole grabbed the mic saying "c'mon bighorns we can do better than that give it up for mr. mato 'summer breeze' summerhill!" The crowd erupts, Cole smiles an even bigger and cuter smile saying "now that I have your attention it's been pretty quiet over here at the auction table and I think it's time to turn it up." I turn to Skylar and ask "what's happening?" "I believe we are witnessing a romantic gesture." i turn my attention back to cole who continues by saying "c'mon you guys couldn't write checks fast enough when taylor field got their new turf so lets put your money where your mouth is to get this new theater for the arts program" more cheering "i see you over there a coupon to tony's auto shop could really come in handy when that cady breaks down again" he goes on and on talking to different people about items they would like then he says something that surprises me "there's now a new item to bid on... me for the right price you can have me for one afternoon if you need your lawn mowed, car washed, someone to teach your kid how to throw the perfect spiral im the guy" he ends up earning five hundred dollars for the auction just off him and more people started bidding on other stuff too. Later as the festival winds down grace comes up the cider stand saying that Skylar was saving us a table at monty's and we should go when cole says "i could go for pizza" grace looks at him like a deer in headlights as she asks "you want to hang with us?" I burst out laughing and told him "she meant the merrier."

Me, Grace and Skylar are sitting at monty's and talking about something I'm not really paying attention to because I'm waiting for Cole to come so I can thank him for doing what he did today. When the door opens and cole walks in only to be stopped by erin i couldn't hear their conversation but it seemed like erin was asking him if he wanted to leave and i felt my heart hurt thinking he would say yes but he did the unimaginable he walked over and sat right next to me. He greeted us and I said some absent minded greeting back because I was focused on the fact that he had just turned down erin, his "girlfriend" for me, so he could hang out with me... why. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Cole shaking me "are you ok?" he asks "yeah just a little tired and distracted." The rest of the night goes smoothly and in the morning we take down the cider stand and put the cart back. Then he goes to Parker's pee wee football game just as he promised her.

A/N i live this i was at school and this was the only thing i did also pls pls pls comment feedback i would love to hear from y'all