Chp. 5

i hate thanksgiving i want nothing more than to skip this holiday. as i go downstairs i'm met with the madness of everyone hustling around trying to get ready then Kathrine asks me if i want to make a dish i politely decline and head to school.

 im about  done with the day when i'm talking to skylar at my locker and cole comes up leaning right on my locker close to my ear asking "you need a ride home, New York?" "nope i'm doing the food drive thing at lark." "ok" and walks away skylar laughs as he says "funny how the hottest guy in school still talks to you even after you barfed all over him." i groan "don't remind me thanksgiving isn't the only thing i'm trying to forget."

im doing the food with Erin and i notice that our call time is up and over half the bags haven't been picked up. so i turn to erin and say "hey if you wanna go home im just going to drop the rest off  tomorrow" "i'll come too" "ok" shock was evident in my voice i bet but she doesn't question it. i head home for the night and in the morning my plan was to head out without anyone noticing and make the deliveries take as long as possible....

When Erin picks me up we head to the neighborhood where everyone lives. We stop the car and I unbuckle ready to get out when Erin stops me by saying "what's going on with you and Cole?" i don't even know the answer to that so i say "honestly i don't know, because he acts super nice and he does all these things and tells me he likes me but i can't get over the fact that i caught Olivia leaving his room right after we had gone on this amazing ride what hurt the most was she begged me not to tell you. Meaning the stories were true." i didn't expect to vent like this to his other girl of all people. She looks shocked and i rush to apologize "i'm sorry i know you like him and that you two have a thing i shouldn't have said anything-" she stops me by saying "it's ok, things weren't great before you anyways i'm not sure we even were together." she says with a laugh "i also think i like someone else too." I smiled at her and we finally started the deliveries.

Coles Pov:

I am going insane. How do I prove to Holly that I do really like her. She seemed so off this morning and I get it holidays must suck without her family. I want to help but I don't know how. She distances herself and I hate that she thinks that she has to do this alone. I know the whole Olivia thing was a dick move but what i told her was honest i really did just want to get over her. That's when I see the pieces of the teapot I saved from when it broke and it clicked. If I make her the teapot she might see that I really like her. I grab the pieces and walk to the workshop to find glue. I'm almost done when I start doubting this. What if she finds it desperate or dumb. That's when Danny walks in and asks if I want the highlights of the Broncos game. After he tells me the stats he notices that i'm doing something and comes around to my side of the table. He sees the teapot and asks "your fixing Holly's teapot?" "Yeah, I know it's dumb i should just forget it." "no, no give it to her, girls like guys that make an effort." I look at him because how would he know he's never had a girlfriend? He senses my judgment and quickly says "I read that... somewhere." we laugh and he leaves. I finish the teapot, put it in a box with a towel and write a note 'nothing is so broken it can't be fixed.'

Holly's pov:

Erin and i finished the deliveries and we got in the car i asked Erin if she wanted to come to the walters for thanksgiving at first she was hesitant but eventually agreed. When we got there i saw my uncle richard in the kitchen. I got so excited and ran up to him and hugged him. I missed him so much! Erin wanders off saying something about practicing lines with danny. Uncle richard and i sit by the fire talking and catching up when he drops a bombshell on me "i want to take custody and have you live with me." "what no!" i say and hurt flashes across his face so i elaborate "i have friends and family here, with you i would only have you and you would be busy with work i can't be the new girl again or even worse i can't go back to my old school so that's what i mean when i say no" "i understand" with that i hear Kathrine call us for dinner. When we all sit down im sat right across from Cole with my uncle on my right with Erin to the left. When hear my uncle speak spanish to me asking me if its ok he asks them about the custody thing i agree knowing that they would want me here. When he asks the whole table is shocked other than isaac and lee because they speak spanish and know what me and my uncle richard were talking about. The parents start arguing, alex and Cole are staring at me when Cole interrupts "what do you want" directing the question towards me and i say "i want to stay here" he smiles then turns to the adults saying "then it's settled she stays" that was that. The rest of dinner went smoothly with me talking to Erin a lot and to lee and isaac in spanish about their dad and reassuring them it was probably just a wifi issue on his end. After dinner i was laying in my room reading a book when i hear a knock on my door "come in" i say not bothering to look up from my book but when the person doesn't say anything i look up from my book to see its Cole he's smiling like he's hiding something so i ask what. "I'm really glad you stayed." "thanks me too, is that all" "no actually i have a surprise for you" "can it wait i have ten pages left in my book." "no it can't" he says with fake annoyance "ok" i say getting up and grab my coat. He takes me outside and i see Custard and murphy tacked up and ready to go for a ride and i see where this is going... i think. We ride for like five minutes till we get to this dead tree, hop off and tie the horses up. I follow him up a hill and when he sits i do he says "we're just in time look" he points at a group of trees and rock when the sun was coming through making it look like manhattan henge which was when for two days a year the sun aligned perfectly with the manhattan city grid and shoots a ton of rays between these two big buildings so in other words it was the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. I turn to him and say "it's so beautiful" with the biggest smile on my face he grins and says "yea i overheard you and your uncle talking about it and thought it was perfect but that's not the only surprise i have for you." "oh really" i eye him suspiciously as he pulls out a box and hands it to me. I open it gingerly thinking it could be a prank but when I read the note inside 'nothing is so broken it can't be fixed' i take the towel off and see my sisters teapot the one that broke perfectly intact. I look up with tears in my eyes as I wrap him in a bear hug whispering thank you over and over again. He hugged back warmly as we pulled apart and we stood up. He still had his hands on my waist. He says "I cut things off with Olivia and Erin ok i told them i was done being a player plus i think Erin likes someone else." looking hopeful he says "can i have a chance, just one chance i promise i can make it up to you." With that I leaned up and kissed him. 

A/N omg i cant beleive ive alredy done five chapters