Chapter one (monkeygirl77)

Okay so I adopted this from monkeygirl77 I hope you all enjoy.
first I will post her six chapters.

Chapter 1

Pitch really enjoyed walking around his lair. It expanded on its own so there was always something new to be explored. Granted it was always somewhat colder now than it was before, but he never minded. It wasn't surprising when he passed a couple of patches of ice or some snow, he lived with Jack Frost, it was kind of given.

It all started about two years ago. He had been minding his own business (causing nightmares) when he noticed someone watching him. he had gotten up and walked over to the window, looked out, and BAM right in front of him was the boy. He was extremely pale, had white hair and blue eyes. Pitch had then raised an eyebrow at the boy and asked him why he was following him around and what his name was. The boy replied saying his name was Jack Frost and he said he was following him because he was the only other being who ever acknowledged his presence. To say pitch was shocked was an understatement. Who could ignore a child like the spirit in front of him? So the rest of that night he let Jack follow him around until he was done with his rounds. By the time it was time for Pitch to return to his lair he turned and asked the child if he wanted to stay for a while. Apparently Jack had grown on him because it was now two years later.

So yes Pitch was used to seeing snow and ice around his lair. Not to mention he had gotten used to the colder air by now as well. He had taught Jack how to control the temperature around him. So it was a pretty regular chill now, but there were times when Jack lost control. Like when he was angry or sad about something, or even when he was extremely happy.

Pitch smiled as he walked on, remembering some of the mishaps while trying to teach Jack. There was this one time where Jack had tried to 'sky dive' from one of the many cliffs, the wind had tried to catch the boy but Jack had accidentally let go of his staff (how he did Pitch didn't know). In the end jack had rolled around inadvertently breaking his fall. Although he did break his leg. Oh how the child pouted as Pitch lectured him about trying stupid things and ending up getting hurt while resisting the leg.

When Pitch reached a certain part of the new tunnel he felt it. A drastic drop in temperature. Immediately he knew who it was. He ran down the tunnel to the center of the coldness. As he got closer he was met with a huge snowstorm. It was so huge and had so much pure fury in it actually scared him. The Boogeyman.

As he got closer to the heart of the storm he saw it. Jack was glowing. Ok his staff and hands were, but still they were glowing. That meant one of two things, he was either mad or happy. And judging by the way he was frowning and scowling angrily it was diffidently the first option. Whatever had the younger spirit so worked up was obviously the dominant thing in his mind because jack had gotten pretty good at telling when Pitch was near. However this time Jack didn't even acknowledge him being there. Pitch knew that if he didn't calm jack down soon that the storm would leak into the world above and wreck havoc on the humans. Against contrary belief, he was not a killer.

"JACK YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN! WHAT IS WRONG?"

Pitch never got an actual reply. All Jack did was scream in anger and the storm got stronger.

"JACKIE YOU NEED TO STOP THIS LET ME HELP YOU!"

Jack spun around and Pitch had to blink. Never had he seen his little winter spirit so angry. Never.

"NO! Nobody can help me! Nobody can see me! Every time I try to talk to someone they walk right through me! What is life worth living if you can't talk to anyone else?"

The crack in Jack's voice wasn't missed by Pitch, he heard it. That's what told him just how bad this was. If Jack was crying than this would get worse before it got anywhere. This had just gone from a bad situation to a deadly one. Not for them but for the people above. It was only a matter of time before the snow storm made its way to the world above. If Jack was this distressed there was no way he was able to control it as easy.

"Little Snowflake you need to stop this"

Jack faltered. The storm itself started to falter as well. It was slowing and Jack fell to his knee's crying. Pitch didn't waste time, he ran to the childs side and fell down beside him. Jack looked up at him with a kicked puppy look and it broke the elders heart. He frowned sadly as Jack's shoulders shook with silent sobs. He reached forward and grabbed Jack's shoulders and pulled the sobbing boy to his chest. Jack sobbed and buried his face in the older mans cloaked chest.

Although his words were muffled Pitch could still make out what Jack was saying.

"P-Pitch why can't anyone see me?"

Pitch ran his fingers through the mop of white hair and sighed.

"I don't know little snowflake I don't know"

Jack cried for a couple of minutes more until he finally settled down and pulled away from the embrace. Pitch smiled softly and put a hand under jack's chin, lifting his head so they were looking at each other.

"But you don't have to worry. You will always always have me and the nightmares. Besides I am sure that someday you will find a way to get a human to see you."

Jack smiled a little and Pitch ruffled his hair smiling as he felt Jack lean into the touch. Pitch got to his feet and pulled Jack up with him.

"Now how about you and me go up to the human world and see what we can do."

"Yah! You just don't want to go up by yourself cause you know your boring without me"

"Why you little..."

Jack laughed and dodged Pitch as the man lunged for him. Pitch smiled and managed to grab Jack by his hood. He pulled him back into an embrace and wrapped his arms around the smaller spirit. Fingers tickling Jacks sides he laughed and tried to squirm out of Pitch's grip.

"Ok ok you're not boring! Stop!"

Pitch laughed and stopped. He kissed the mop of white hair and released the boy.

"You ready to go now Jackie?"

"Like you really need to ask!"

(Meanwhile at the North Pole)

The group of four stood around the guardian crystal.

"Da Manny pick new guardian"

Tooth flew around excitedly, "Who do you think it is?"

Sandman formed a clover over his head. Tooth spoke for him.

"Maybe the Leprechaun?"

Bunny stood o the other side, "Please not the groundhog.. Please not the groundhog!"

It was North who saw who Manny chose as the new guardian and to say he was surprised was an understatement.

"Jack Frost... Manny has chosen for Jack Frost to help defeat Pitch"

Bunny's eyes widened, "Jack Frost! He doesn't care about the children! Alright all he does is freeze water parks and mess with my egg hunts. He's an irresponsible, selfish..."

North interrupted him, while still staring at the crystalized form of Jack Frost.

"Guardian..."

Then he turned to the others.

"Bring me Jack Frost"