Chapter 5 (monkeygirl77)

Chapter 5
The next morning Jack was up bright and early. He ran into the makeshift kitchen area and got a bowl of corn flakes. As he sat eating the other 'guests' joined him one by one until they were all present. They ate in silence, complete and utter silence. Well besides the sounds of crunching. Jack was the first to finish and jumped to his feet, set his bowl in the sink, and was about to run out once more. If it hadn't have been for the hand that had grabbed the back of his hoodie.

"Where are you running off to this early?"

Jack turned around slowly and smiled sheepishly at the nightmare king. It didn't take a lot to notice Jack tap his staff against the floor and a magical blast spread over the floor before dissipating. Jack himself didn't need to answer. There was a gust of wind and and a very familiar blue haired girl was standing beside the boy in question. Pitch didn't need to ask anything after that.

"You two have something planned for today don't you?"

Laya giggled while Jack nodded. Pitch nodded his head slowly.

"Just don't kill anyone.. Or yourselves in the process."

Jack nodded and ran off laughing. Laya stayed though. She was different than the water spirits the guardians 'knew', there was just something about her. She smiled and whispered something to Pitch and turned running off. However as she turned they got a glimpse of a strange tattoo on the side of her eye, a small snowflake. But before they could say anything about it she was gone. Pitch must have noticed they saw something because he rolled his eyes and poured himself a cup of black coffee and sat down across from them. Not saying a word.

"Oi mate what was tha' on her face?"

Pitch rolled his eyes. Really how ignorant could they be.

"Very well. It is to show she is bonded."

"What do ya mean bonded?"

"Don't interrupt and I'll tell you. Anyway it is to show she is bonded to Jack. Every Seasonal spirit is bonded with a Elemental spirit once they are born. They enhance each others powers and make each other stronger. She is how he makes the large blizzards and he is how she can make water out of thin air. Many other things too."

"Bu' why did 'e slam his staff on the floor and she showed up not only minutes later?"

"It's a magical connection. Kind of like telepathic communications through their magic."

They sat in silence after that untila booming voice filled the air.

"PITCH COME GET YOUR CHARGE AND HIS FRIEND NOW!"

What had those two gotten themselves into now?