18. ; STORED UP RAGE

"Calm down." He raised his hands up in the air with caution following close by his side as he stared at me and the knife I held close to my wrist. I didn't note his expression. He was quiet however, I could tell that much. I was shaking in anger, and my mind flooded with many outcomes and possibilities that could take place, biting my cheek until I winced in pain. The metalic taste spread further and faster in my mouth than the sweet sensation of honey would.

His brows didn't move, not a frown or a blink with the eye, plain silence dreaded the infirmary room. Not even water could've soaked the sentences and letters written by ink like his nonchalant attitude soaked my thoughts and feelings, but this water was boiling. It wasn't at peace like his expression.

I wanted to stab this guy-he was fucking, I mean he was lying to my face while I was taking him time ans time again under my wing and made up excuses to protect some silly infatuation I had with a bloody vampire.

A DAMN VAMPIRE.

He remained silent, and I didn't know whether I should favor the fact that he obeyed or if I should fear for what he might scheme in the innermost corner of his mind.

As his secret was now out to me with certainty, I feared what his darkest corners may look like.

I was clenching the knife as tight as I could in my hands while he stood still like a puppet whose strings had to be pulled yet.

"I saw that bloodmark," I exclaimed, my voice wchoed throughout the room. He didn't move a muscle, and neither was there any agitation present I knew of. It felt unsettling.

I didn't know what to do, I was never friends or somewhat acquainted with my targets, but I had to eliminate him.

A sharp noise broke the silence and made wince.

He didn't reply.

My breathing pattern grew more irregular. All I could think about was the fact that he was a traitor, he was a traitor, he lied to me, he lied to me, he lied to me.

̶He̶ ̶l̶i̶ke̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶.

"I'm going to slit my arm to test it if you won't tell me right now." I warned him, loud and clear, that was all he needed. If he were to agree and submit to it, tell me right now, maybe there was a chance. If only he told me out of free will.

He raised a brow, yet his stone like stoic expression remained on his face. "Why, so you can hand me over?" he asked, his hands lowered, I tightened the grip on my wrist and gritted my teeth when the wooden handle sunk in with sharp splinters into my hands. Old and frail like my mortality.

"Maybe! You've been FUCKING LYING TO ME." I yelled at last, it was unbearable to keep everything inside for forever. I never could confide into anyone in the last 3 ½ months truly, and the closest to it, Venti had betrayed me by living a liars life.

He sighed. It seemed like he was impatient. He was growing tired of this conversation, waiting to snap my neck and fed off my blood.

"What could a regular vampire do to me?" I asked, trying to provoke his pride, in case he had some left.

"Regular is one way to describe it."

Then I felt the darkness come over me, without a single star aligning on the sky with a shred of light.

The only thing I had left was the mission, the place I was bound to, the order. I've thought about it before, why was I here? For a split second, I thought I'd be able to escape this nightmare. What kind of sense did it make when I had no other goal than escaping this hell and telling myself I wanted to erase them.

It was a pathetic excuse, time and time again. I convinced myself I had only done this for my parents who disappeared, but in truth, I was angered and upset they'd leave me.

And that the world abandoned and used me.

-

When I woke up, I noticed a figure beside me, it was.. Albedo. He had just finished putting a clip on the material-I then noticed, my hand was now wrapped in bandages too.

My hand was held in his, somewhat cold, but familiar, I liked the nostalgia we shared so often about our mistakes and past shortcomings, I'd almost consider him more than a work colleague and say friend, but only almost.

"You hurt yourself pretty bad from this gardening work, hm?" he looked up at me, meeting my gaze with a raised brow.

He was hard to fool. Who was I kidding? I wouldn't dare to fool him.

"Yeah," I went along with it, "pretty bad," I nodded, but he wasn't dumb, everyone including me, especially I knew that.

"You know, soon all your wounds will heal. It's only a matter of your attention to the situation." he remarked when he let go of my hand. With that everything from back then slipped my grasp, the little rift in the core closed again and there I was alone against the world again.

"Yes, only a matter of time until I'll escape the wrath of the thorn bush and its injuries." I shrugged. It was time to finish this job and heal.

--✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE;
I'm going to try and prewrite until 20 to get a rough first draft to get a idea how long this will be with my outline (I have everything planned out, but I'm not sure if 35 parts will be enough to finish this..) Anyways, who's your favorite character in this fan fiction so far? :) I hope it was an enjoyable chapter. The cat is out of the bag lmao only took 18 chapters.