Chapter 2: How to play the secret agent.

POV: Cid

Location: Lawless City.

After yesterdays experiences, I did some research around town about this mysterious boss named Leon. Apparently he is the leader of an armed group of bandits situated here in the Lawless City, who offer their services for those willing to pay a price. Basically mercenaries but for illegal stuff. And it was this group which I encountered last night.

So this should mean that he was offered a deal by some shady individuals to retrieve that important looking gemstone from the secret hideout. And it should be these exact shady individuals who are the ones that I need to track down! How convenient that my first lead was simply handed to me like this.

And I also did some more looking into around town, specifically the current location where I would find this Leon guy. 

And this location is where I am at now.

A public bar huh. 

Sounds like fun to me.

*BAM*

The doors to the bar swing open with a loud sound, gaining each of the attention of all the residents inside.

Make a dramatic entrance, check. Stand menacingly in the doorframe, check. Wearing a cool mask to hide my identity, check. Hehe...  

Witness the secret art of 'playing the secret badass at a bar'. I smile internally but the key in these situations is to act stoic, like you have some important business that needs attending to. Right now I must act perfectly as John Smith: the elite agent in the middle of a crucial mission.

I take a few steps forward, all the eyes follow me. Such an exquisite sight. I pretend to not notice the stares and make my way to the front of the bar with heavy, decisive footsteps. 

Now... I mean that's gotta be him right. An incredibly buff looking dude wearing a beastkin-fur cloak with a greatsword strapped to his back sits alone on the table ahead of me. I mean this guy has intimidating villain written all over him.

I order a glass of wine from the bar and walk over to the seat beside where he sat. 

"Leon I presume?"

The man turned, revealing numerous battle scars on his face and studied me for a while before responding in a harsh, gruff voice

"Yea that would be me. So what the hell do you want?" Oh yes, he's even more of cliché minor villain than I imagined.