Chapter 5: Just go ask Gamma.

POV: Unknown

Location: Unknown

"So what you are saying is that they failed to acquire the holders of royal blood?"

"Yes Sir, we believe that Shadow Garden appeared at the scene and wiped out all our operatives."

Shadow garden...

"And how is the progress with the completed prototype?"

"I believe that it is nearly finalised, however without the holder of blood, we will be experiencing some minor delays. Although..."

"Although?"

"We encountered some unforeseen setbacks when attempting to recover the artifact from the Lawless City."

"What did you say?"

Does he have any idea how much trouble this will cause?

"U-uh well, it was when we tried to use on of our onsite connections when apparently we discovered that the item in question had been stolen."

Someone else has control of the item...

"Very well... continue with the progress, I expect some results soon."

"Yes Sir."

It will only be a moment longer I have to wait.

Before it finally shall begin.

----

----

POV: Cid

Location: Midgar Kingdom

Well It's tomorrow.

The one thing I noticed is that pretty much the whole city is in a buzz about the events that transpired yesterday. I mean I wouldn't blame them, if some terrorist dudes got the drop on my country's royal family I'd be pretty worried too. 

And of course, a lot of rumours have spread about mysterious eminence who swooped in to save the day when the situation became dire. Which is just the effect I want.

One other thing also happened yesterday, apparently my numskull friends did actually try to break into the party, but were found by a certain, very angry sister of mine. Serves them right ngl for when they snitched on me the other day. 

Hmm.

Speaking about yesterday, what was the actual point with those terrorists?

I did just swoop in and save the day because the situation called for it, but I completely missed any of the important plot that was happening. 

What were they trying to accomplish by taking over the place?

Oh well, I'll just add that too the list of things to ask Gamma later.