Chapter 6: The Red Stone.

POV: Cid

Location: Midgar Kingdom

After my meet up with Gamma, I decided I should call it a night for now and head back home.

And by head back home I mean chill out on the rooftops during midnight.

I am way to busy to just spend this time doing nothing now.

I need to do some serious thinking, and some fresh night-time air will probably help me clear my thoughts.

Let me get this straight.

What I have learned is that the elusive elite organisation I have been chasing around these last couple nights is same as that group of people I accidentally beat up a few days ago for fun..?

So I guess... mission failed successfully?

And how have I been oblivious to such an important plot point this whole time? Are there any other major things I have missed recently?

But if the 2 organisations are one and the same, does this mean that this is it?

Now that I have already defeated the enemy, have I accomplished my goal so soon?

I was expecting a whole, drawn out battle arc... what a shame.

But what else is there to do now? I still have over 2 weeks of school break and I'm gonna be hella bored just sitting in my room.

This is the only lead I still have... the suspicious red gem which I stole back in the Lawless City. Now that I think about it, I was so preoccupied with my other activities that I never really took a closer look at this thing.

I hold it up so that it shines in the moonlight.

The quality is really good for a gemstone, if nothing else I can sell it and probably get a decent profit out of it. Hm?

This stone... I can feel it should have some magical properties.

I flow a small portion of my magic through the ruby to check the level of conductivity. A good magic material can actually be pretty valuable.

Hold on? This gem seems to be reacting to my magic? I increase the quantity of the flow, a red mist is released from the gemstone.

The red mist thickens until it completely surrounds me. Something that sounds like a voice echoes through the fog.

I get the feeling that I should not have done that.

The cloud of mist swirls and blocks my vision.

Until finally, the world around me shatters, and everything turns white.

Now that was an interesting trick.