Mistletoe

very quick and rushed chapter as i havent posted in like forever

Dream leaned against the door frame as he looked in the living room, seeing George organize his presents in a neat pile. It was their first Christmas together and George had not stopped going on about how happy he was and how it was so reliving to finally be with him.

"Did you have a good Christmas?" Dream smiled, knowing what the answer would be. George turned around and stood up, nodding before walking up to him. Dream opened his arms for a hug. They had been hugging all day, it wasn't anything particularity new, but they had been hugging more than usual.

"I loved it, thank you, Dream," George stepped into the hug while leaning back a bit so he could see Dream's face. "Did you like the stuff I got you?" The brunette asked as Dream rolled his eyes and scoffed as it the answer was obvious.

"Obviously, but I'm also just happy you're here so we don't have to spend Christmas on call anymore. It just feels a lot less bittersweet." He explained as he looked at the big pile of presents behind them.

"It's nice being around you two at Christmas, it's nice being around you two in general," He smiled "I'm really glad I can see you and stuff, it still feels so weird being able to physically touch you and stuff," George tilted his head to the side a little as he rubbed his thumb back and forth on Dream's shoulder. 

"It's pretty evident, you're always following me around or are touching me," He laughed as George just rolled his eyes and let go of Dream's shoulder. 

"I just like being around you." George opened his arms a little, signalling he was gonna give a hug but didn't want to step in for it. Dream walked forward and pulled George into the hug, swaying him side to side gently. George leaned into it a little more and closed his eyes as Dream ran his hands through his hair. 

"I love you too." Dream smiled as he continued to reciprocate the hug. George slowly pulled away, Dream keeping his hand on George's waist. George looked around before looking up, seeming like he was trying to avoid eye contact. Dream kept looking at George as he stared at random things, but felt confused as George started to smile.

"We're under a mistletoe." He laughed as Dream looked up. Dream didn't know what to say or do, this was a very awkward moment. They were being quite close together, so Dream didn't know if it would be a risk to just kiss him.

"We are." He said, unaware of anything else he could say that would be a safe option. He smiled and made eye contact with George, who looked away. "Guess we have to kiss" Dream quickly said as if he'd run out of time to. George turned around to face him almost immediately with knitted eyebrows.

"Seriously?" He said with confusion, but he was still smiling. If anything his cheeks had gotten slightly pinker. Dream wasn't going to point it out because he knew he was probably bright red too as his face felt hot.

"Well, it's a tradition, so why not?" He shrugged as George slowly nodded too, gently wrapping his arms around Dream's neck. Dream brought his hand to George's waist, his other one gently cupping George's face. Neither of them thought they'd go through with it but here they were.

George slowly nodded with a smile before letting their lips press together. It was like both of them were in a state of shock because at first neither of them moved or continued the kiss, but Dream gently stepped forward to start something. It wasn't going to be a deep kiss or anything as both of them were too scared to do anything in case it was genuinely just for the tradition and not for love.

They continued to gently kiss with soft touches on the jawline and waist, it was a nice kiss, deepening it would ruin the connection they were currently having too.

They both pulled away before they deepened it. Dream looked at George to see his cheeks bright red and a smile plastered on his face.

"I have something else for you," Dream said. George looked up at him, probably forgetting his face was bright red, but so was Dream's so they were both in the same level of embarrassment.

"As in a gift?" George questioned. Dream's mind was going 100mph, he couldn't think straight and he definitely knew this wasn't a good idea but he was just going to go for it.

"Well, if you wanna interpret dating as that..." He shrugged as George laughed a little before pulling him into a hug.

"Of course, you idiot," He smiled as Dream gently swayed him side to side once again. Their first Christmas would definitely be memorable, as it was now going to be their anniversary too.

877 words

okay this was so rushed because i haven't posted in a while, but next chapter is going to be the last one for this fic, and it's going to be an enemies to lovers!!