Enemies

due to very high demand, here is your long awaited enemies to lovers

George hated parties and he never went to them, so of course the one time George went to one he stumbled upon Dream who was being an asshole. There was something about how Dream knew exactly how and when to push his buttons that infuriated him, Dream could read him like a book, predict all his next movements and it made George feel defenseless.

Dream had him by the shoulder, preventing him from leaving. The second George was forced to turn around to face Dream, he punched him right in the face. He didn't know what came over him, Dream had been ten times more annoying than this before and George dealt with it, but over some minimal teasing he had lost it.

Of course, George's first course of action was to immediately leave as he didn't want to get his ass kicked in front of basically everyone on campus, so he made his way outside and found a bench to sit on. He immediately felt regret for what he did, mainly because Dream was only asking a question, he wasn't even teasing him. George just had this built up anger inside him, some of it irrelevant to Dream's teasing, but having his enemy hold him back by the shoulder just made him snap.

He started to feel guilty, he hated knowing he had caused someone physical pain, especially as Dream didn't deserve it that much. It seemed like he wanted to ask him a question, but George obviously didn't give him time as he had threw a punch at him.

George felt like he should probably apologize as he knew he was an asshole for doing that. Of course, he wasn't about to go and apologize to Dream as of right now, mainly because he was scared Dream would try to fight him.

"You got me pretty good," He nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard Dream's voice. He went to stand up and walk off the second Dream got closer, but weirdly enough he sat down next to him. George was suspicious at first, so he slowly scooted away. "Why'd you do it?"

"At least you didn't bleed," George avoided the question entirely. It only made Dream laugh, which sort of eased George a bit, but he was still nervous.

"I did, idiot," Dream laughed, it made the tension feel less thick, but of course George was still cautious.

"How bad is it?" George asked, too nervous to even look at Dream as he was terrified. Dream leaned forward and pointed to his nose.

"Take a look for yourself," He said. George gently grabbed Dream by his chin and squinted his eyes as he tried to see Dream's nose. He surprisingly wasn't lying as there was some blood around his lips that he had probably forgotten to wipe away. The blood only made George look at his lips even more, and he started to feel weird because he realized he was looking at the lips of the man he hated, in a bit of a desirable way.

"You have blood on your lip," George pointed it out before Dream could question why he was staring at his lips. As much as George hated Dream, all he could currently think about was he if they didn't hate each other's guts he would've made a move because his lips looked so kissable.

"Where?" Dream put a hand on top of George's as he used his other hand to wipe around his lips. He kept rubbing around his mouth but George kept shaking his head with a smile as he looked like an idiot. Dream leaned back and went to grab his phone but George obnoxiously scoffed.

"Here," George wiped across his upper lip with his thumb as he cupped Dream's face. As George wiped it off all he could think about was Dream's eye contact. George hated eye contact, but the way Dream stared at him, with this... intimacy? He couldn't quite find the right words, but Dream had never looked at him like this before, and god it was starting to make George forget about all the things he hated about him.

George wiped it off and moved his other hand back down, he went to remove his other one but he didn't realize Dream had his hand around his wrist. George didn't move he just kept looking at Dream, who also didn't seem to have any intentions of breaking the eye contact or moving.

This eye contact was something else, he had never gotten a feeling like this in his stomach before, and out of everyone who was doing it, it was his enemy. Somehow that just made the feeling burn more. 

It was driving him insane.

When he was driving himself insane, he acted impulsively.

The second Dream went to say something, presumably a snarky comment about George's staring, George leaned forward and pulled him into a kiss. Dream was clearly taken aback by this, which made George think he had done the most humiliating and embarrassing thing ever, but surprisingly Dream cupped his face and pulled him closer. It only made the burning feeling inside George's stomach grow more and more as Dream ran his hand up George's neck and into his hair, where he gently gripped it to pull George deeper. 

His hand placement was so breath taking, but what was really getting to him was the fact Dream was so rough with the kissing, but so gentle with his intimate touches. George was already breath taken by everything Dream was currently doing, but George needed to pull away to breath, so he did.

The smirk on Dream's face said it all, George knew exactly how Dream was gonna be so he rolled his eyes the second Dream parted his lips to speak.

"I think you're the first guy to make out with your enemy after punching him in the face," He laughed as George gently pushed him away. This was the first time they had properly gotten along, weirdly enough right after they kissed, but they both had a smile on their faces so neither of them were going to mention that.

"I think you're the first guy to kiss back the guy that punched you, in fact, I'd say you took over," George laughed back. Dream scoffed and rolled his eyes, scooting closer to George.

"Well, you didn't specify the reason you punched me," George suddenly remembered he did indeed punch Dream, so now he was feeling bad. Dream brought a hand to George's thigh and rubbed small circles on it to comfort him. "Seriously though, why did you do it?" He asked, making George a bit nervous.

"I was just stressed out, I'm okay now but is this gonna be something?" George didn't even expect himself to ask about what their relationship status would be. It seemed absurd to start dating Dream the hour he punched him in the face, especially with their toxic history towards each other.

"You mean, us?" George nodded and fiddled with his hands as he didn't make eye contact anymore. As much as Dream's eyes were...dreamy... he couldn't stare at them when feeling this weird sort of vulnerability.

"Yeah, was this just like a one off thing or do you wanna like be together? Sorry if that's weird I know we hate each other-" Dream shook his head and muttered a few disagreements before stopping George from fiddling with his hands.

"I don't hate you, I just didn't really know how to be around you and we just made each other be more toxic," Dream smiled as George turned his hand over for Dream to hold.

"Do we date?" He said, holding his hand up for Dream to hold. Dream smiles and scoffed whole laughing, but nonetheless he still put his hand on top and interlocked it.

"I'd like to be your boyfriend that totally was never the guy you despised," He laughed as George shook his head, now being the one muttering the disagreements.

"I didn't hate you, I just thought you were hot and didn't like how well you knew me, that's also why you got a punch." George leaned to the side and rested his head against Dream's bicep.

He noticed he had this weight lifted off his shoulders, it felt like he wasn't under as much stress anymore. Maybe it was the fact he didn't have to stress over the fact Dream would pick on him, but he was more leaning over to the fact he wasn't stressed because he didn't have to worry about how he wouldn't mind dating his enemy.

"Whatever, idiot." Dream laughed as he placed a kiss on George's forehead.

1566 words

i hope you enjoyed the fic, as this is the end!

i'll be posting my next book this week, it's obviously dnf and it's gonna be a little angsty kinda like my other fic 'I wanna ruin our friendship', it has the same aspects

i might write another oneshot book! if you want me to please write suggestions here, if i have enough i might make another depending on how much you guys want one.

thank you to my regular commenters i love reading them all :)

hope you enjoyed, check out my other fics they're pretty cool !