Chapter 01

Michael Afton POV

Elisabeth walked into my room right as I walked out of the bathroom wearing only a towel after taking a shower. I sighed, now resigned to her just walking in and out of my room without knocking. "Yes Eli?" I asked her.

"Daddy says to come down for breakfast, we're all hungry and Daddy refuses to eat without you." Elisabeth said.

"Tell him I'll be down in a few minutes, I just got out of the shower." I told her calmly.

"Okie!" She said then skipped out of my room, I was thankful she closed the door behind her as that didn't happen often due to her only being 4 and not truly understanding privacy quite yet.

I sighed and dried myself off then dropped the towel on the floor and walked over to the closet. I grabbed a pair of boxers, a pair of ripped jeans and a t-shirt to wear for the day then slipped them on. I walked back over to the towel and tossed it in the hamper knowing that I would get beaten by Roselle if I didn't pick it up before she noticed, I probably have the cleanest room a teenage male has ever had.

I walked out of my room closing my door and headed down the spiraling staircase, I walked into the dining room humming softly to myself and leaned against the door frame to survey the kitchen. "Morning Mikey!" Evan said happily, he had just turned five and he loved to eat paper.

"Morning Evan." I greeted him walking into the kitchen and settling down at my chair.

"Morning Father, good morning Mother, morning Terrence, good morning Eli." I greeted the rest of my family smiling a little.

"Mike do you mind helping me in the shop after school? We're having a few small issues with Funtime Freddy and you do the best job of figuring out some of their problems." Father said to me.

"I'll have to bring Evan with me if that's alright, I told Mother I would watch him while she took Eli to get new shoes." I replied.

"That's alright, Henry can help keep an eye on him while you help me with Funtime Freddy." Father said.

"Then I'll walk over right after I come home and get Evan and the stroller." I said.

"Don't worry about the stroller, I'll have Henry pick you up. What time do you want him to come over?" Father asked.

"I usually get home within 10 minutes of school ending but it might take me a few minutes to get Evan ready so maybe 3:20? That gives me 10 minutes after I get home to help Evan finish whatever he's doing and get him ready to go to the shop." I replied as I figured out the timings.

"Why do you wear ripped jeans all the time Michael? I buy you regular jeans and you go and rip them. You have to look presentable." Roselle complained.

"Ripped jeans are what's fashionable right now Mother and I saved up my allowance for weeks to buy a couple pairs of factory ripped jeans so I wouldn't ruin the ones you got me, I wear the non ripped ones when I need to look nice but I also wear these ones when I have football practice so I don't accidentally ruin my nice ones you bought me." I replied calmly.

Father chuckled and both Roselle and I looked at him. "Is something funny William?" Roselle asked him coldly.

"It's just that I'm surprised Mike saved up his money to buy something to preserve the clothes he has, last year I bought him a sweater and he loaned it to one of his friends and it came back shredded. The friend took a pair of scissors to it or something, I thought it was weird that he wasn't wearing it so I looked through his closet and found it buried in the back of his closet looking like black shredded cheese." William chuckled.

My face turned pink. "I was surprised to get it back in that condition because Simon is usually careful with my stuff but he said his little sister was playing with scissors and got ahold of it, I didn't question him." I said chuckling.

"Simon has a little sister?" Father asked me curiously.

"Yeah. Her name is Lia, she's 3 and a half and quite a sweet little girl. I like her, she's like a little sister to most of the group." I replied.

"That's sweet. Why hasn't Simon brought her to see us?" Roselle asked.

"Simon baby-sits her a lot and I think he gets tired of her presence, she's his first little sibling but he has another on the way according to himself. I also think he doesn't want to get stuck with babysitting the second one when they come along." I said.

"Mrs Clark is pregnant?! How?! She doesn't drink nor do other substances nor does she have a boyfriend!" Roselle exclaimed.

"I have no clue. I just know what Simon has told me, I haven't even met his mother to be honest." I replied with a shrug.

"You've never met Mrs Clark?" Father says with curiosity.

"Nope. Simon said she's rude to all of his friends so he doesn't take his friends to see her or invite them over for sleepovers anymore." I replied.

"But Mrs Clark is a sweet lady! She wouldn't hurt a fly!" Roselle exclaimed.

Wait what? Someone was actually nice and friendly to Roselle? That's quite an amazing accomplishment.

"I don't know either way, I just know what Simon has told me about his family." I told her.

"I see." Roselle replied unhappily.

955 words, anyone going to quit reading because I'm shitty at updating? I don't have Wi-Fi that often so please don't get mad 🥺