Chapter 02

Lola Smith

I walked into school to find my boyfriend's brother waiting for me. "Yes Terrence?" I asked.

"Michael asked me to wait for you, Simon wanted to ask him something in private so I was told to wait here with you when you arrived." Terrence Afton replied coolly.

"Alrighty then." I shrugged, setting my stuff down on the floor and leaning against the wall.

Michael Afton, my boyfriend, and Simon Clark walk up to us with Simon glaring angrily at me. "What did I do? Why am I getting the death glare?" I asked them.

"Don't pay him any mind Lola, he's in a pissy mood today." Mike told me with a gentle smile.

"Well.... ok...." I replied doubtfully.

Simon is never in a bad mood, I wonder what they were talking about that pissed him off so much.

"Lola!" Mike said worriedly.

"Hm?" I zeroed back in on the conversation.

"I asked if we were still planning on getting lunch tomorrow." He said.

"As far as I know, yeah. I'll text you if plans change." I said with a smile.

"I'll try to do the same but you know how unpredictable Roselle can be." He told me.

"Speaking of Mrs Afton.... why do you always call her Roselle instead of a mothering name?" I asked.

"She's told me many times that I 'don't deserve to be a child' so I'm not allowed to call her by a mothering name, I have to call her Roselle." He told me.

"That's awful! You're her TEENAGE son even if she doesn't like it!" I exclaimed angrily.

Mike shrugged. "I'm not even supposed to exist, I was an accidental pregnancy so I'm technically truly a mistake." He said miserably.

"That's a load of BS, no one is a mistake even if they were an accidental pregnancy. If anyone ever calls you a mistake again I will personally ruin their life, you're just as important as anyone else here." I told him kindly.

I walked over and hugged him tightly, he hesitantly put his arms around me. I could smell the worry and guilt coming off him so I nuzzled into his chest knowing he feels better when he's cuddling someone.

I felt my spirits lift a little as I smelled the way he felt a little better and curled closer to him, I felt his nose dive into my hair as he held me a little tighter.

"I love you Lola." He murmured just loud enough that I could hear it with my enhanced hearing, I knew he didn't mean for me to hear so I ignored his comment.

"Come on Michael. When are you going to kiss her? You've been dating for 10 months and you haven't shared a kiss yet." Terrence said teasingly.

I felt Mike shift position, probably to glare at Terrence. "I very clearly told you I want to take it slow with her and I'm not going to actually kiss her on the mouth until we've reached at least a year of dating." Mike replied with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Wait.... on the mouth? Meaning you've kissed her in other areas? I thought you were still an entire virgin." Mark Storm said, obviously confused.

I thought I felt Mike's body temperature rise although I couldn't tell for sure. "I am dumbass! Why in the Hell does your mind always go to that?! I've kissed her cheek, neck and nose!" Mike said with growing anger.

"Have you given her a hickey yet?" Maria Storm, Mark's younger twin sister, asked eagerly.

Mike's temperature was definitely rising although I couldn't tell if it was from anger or arousal.