chapter four. better angels

⚘.゚‪‪༘༘ | THE WALKING DEAD | 🌗ꓹ─๑
act one. from the rolling hills of suicide
. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝐂𝐇 4 — better angels

— ┊SWEET INSANITY ☯︎ ┆↰ep1- season3˖★ ៸ ❝ FUCK OFF ❞ : ˖

ep1- season3
˖★ ៸ ❝ FUCK OFF ❞ : ˖

— ┊SWEET INSANITY ☯︎ ┆↰ep1- season3˖★ ៸ ❝ FUCK OFF ❞ : ˖

"Home sweet home."

Presley tossed her bag onto the bottom bunk and leaned her ax against the wall. The wall was like a mural of the new word, blood and guts splattered across the concrete wall like someone had thrown paint at a canvas, and called it "art." The sight of a dead man with his head blown off would catch Presley off guard-, if it was nine months ago when that wasn't a normal thing to see.

Honestly, Presley had seen worse in the last few weeks.

"If you say so." Max muttered, grimacing at the scene on the wall. She took the strap of her own bag off from around her shoulder and tossed it to the top bunk.

Presley glanced at her for a moment. Max and Presley had slept close to each other, mostly out of convenience. It's good to have someone there, either to stay up while you sleep, or to know that if you die, you won't be the only one. And everyone else was taken, everyone had their partner that they stuck close too, and when they were the last two left alone, they just kind of stuck. But now, they had metal bars separating them from the bad that could get in, so why Max decided to move in, Presley didn't know. There were plenty of other cells, probably ones without a bloody wall painting.

But Max didn't snore, so Presley didn't see much of a reason to argue. Even if she wanted to be alone.

Max gestured to the wall. "We could look for some . . . I'dunno, bleach? Prison's gotta have bleach, right?"

Presley shrugged, "Thought I'd go get some wood, make a frame." She said, jokingly as she slowly lowered herself down to sit on the bottom bunk of the bed. Her knee resisted, and she groaned lowly at the pain shooting up her leg. She leaned back on her arms. "Decorate the place a bit ━ make it ours."

Max gestured down to her knee, "Maybe we can finally find a brace for that." She shrugged a bit, "Or maybe ya could keep off your damn feet for a minute or two."