i do... do i?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

꒰ ☽ ꒱┆taejoon's starter

genre: angst (?), fluff, drama
summary: as the prince of yeonan and the next in line for king, taejoon is suddenly stuck in an arranged marriage... and certainly a marriage he doesn't want to be in when it also comes to him in the closet. after meeting a special someone during an event (a ball perhaps), things seem to change for the better.

but will the basilisk prince continue to follow through his supposed "destiny" with his arranged relationship? or will he be able to make his own choices alongside the one he truly loves, even if his status is at stake?

role reversals?: of course! just ask me first.
requirements: your oc must be male or amab and identify as male!, no straight oc's for this please.. strictly mlm, nblm, etc.

tw's: some outbursts and tense moments, fighting & arguments, panic attacks (?), depression, heavy emotions, small hints
of dissociation

notes: i prefer for your oc to be a royal to the full experience and intent of this scenario, but it's not required!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

as much as taejoon was anticipating the day of taking his father's place, he always feared for his disapproval of that moment. the prince was trained and disciplined at his very best to be the king of yeonan, let alone to be the best suited ruler of the kingdom aside from his younger brother. despite all of the 'rumors' he had been used to, he wouldn't let his own behaviors stop them from affecting his citizens.. as of course, he did tend to care about them. then again, taejoon felt like he was ready for anything; whether if it was another test for his future coronation to working on his swordfighting, he was up to the challenge!

which was alright, up until he overheard talks and discussions about his father sending him through an arranged marriage. the thought of an such idea already made the guy revolt out of disgust, especially with the possible match not being his preference, but as a prince he wasn't able to say no as his own lineage was on the line. he couldn't be the one to ruin everything his father had done for him and his brother, especially with his own identity hidden.. for better or worse.

but who was he to speak on a worrying thing when he was supposed to be marrying someone he barely met for his family's pride; let alone a generation that even taejoon wasn't sure would last for certain? he couldn't go through with it no matter the pressure amd expectations, but alas... as much as he hated his father, whether if it was his rigid nature or cold hearted negligence of a king, the prince could only follow through what was told.

after trying to avoid anything associated with his arrangements within weeks, the king had eventually found a match on his own and hosting a ball for both to meet the same night... which of course stressed out the prince. however, his match also didn't want to fall through with such an idea, but they too had to try and keep their true intentions in the closet. he wasn't at the best state the minute it rolled around either, staring at the walls or avoiding guests and his 'partner' (who was likely to do the same), but he was at his usual best anyway; trying to socialize and interact with others when he was truly on autopilot and wanted to lash out.

the whole thing felt boring and out of place... the chattering and claps of others dancing around him, eventually making the young royal sneak off to the only place he could feel safe in; the beautiful palace gardens. on an unexpected note, someone had also seemed to take refuge there as well... which had been your oc. having issues of their own, alone time was something they needed, finding solace in the beautiful arrangements of flowers and viewing the night sky from the greenhouse. unfortunately they weren't known to taejoon's reputation or to his infamous nickname... 'the basilisk prince', making it a bit of an unlucky moment.

"why are you in my private space? no one is supposed to be here but me."

he interrogated them coldly, demanding an answer from oc with his intimidating stare.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━