Part One

Elvira had regenerated. There was no doubt about it.

But something felt different this time. She still felt like herself with her busty, hourglass frame and her bouffant, beehive hairstyle. However, at the first instance that she gazed on the nearest mirror in the console room of her Type-Z TARDIS, she discovered the real difference in this new incarnation: a familiar face.

 However, at the first instance that she gazed on the nearest mirror in the console room of her Type-Z TARDIS, she discovered the real difference in this new incarnation: a familiar face

Specifically, the face of her past fourth incarnation – Cara.

"What the...?!" she cried, even her voice sounded like Cara's.

There wasn't much time to dwell on the mystery of this familiar regeneration; her TARDIS made an emergency landing, following the recent escapade that led to it. Emerging from her tall, black domino-shaped ship, she was welcomed with a fresh ocean scent and breeze to match. The sky was an endless blue that reflected off the sea below; beautiful white clouds scattered throughout. It was a stark contrast to her black, morbid attire, which was certain to frighten any locals – much like it once did in Fallwell, Massachusetts.

The locals seemed to have been too excited over something else to worry about the macabre woman that had come to their pleasant island, somewhere in the Caribbean – judging from the atmosphere.

Not very far from the cliffside where Elvira landed, she discovered a thriving kingdom with a majestic castle overlooking the vast sea. All the subjects were heading in the same direction: towards a specific shore. "Excuse me," Elvira managed to nab the attention of one – a bearded, dark-skinned man in a straw hat. "Hi there. I'm new to this place. Can you tell me where everyone is goin'?"

"You must be new," the man said with a deep Jamaican accent. "Prince Eric has finally married! To a mermaid, no less!"

Prince Eric? Mermaid?

Suddenly, Elvira was getting an idea of which dimension she arrived in. "I see," she told the man. "Would this mermaid's name happen to be 'Ariel'?"

The man frowned. "I thought ya said ya were new 'ere."

"I am," Elvira fibbed.

"Then how would ya know dah name of Prince Eric's new bride?"

Elvira shrugged. "Lucky guess."

The Jamaican didn't seem too convinced; regardless, he kept on his way, with Elvira following him and the other townsfolk close behind. They were all gathered, along with the merpeople of Atlantica that floated chest-up from the waters, to witness the departure of Eric and Ariel. The prince and the mermaid (now human) rode in a small rowboat, destined for a grand, royal ship ported a couple of miles offshore.

They were so far away that Elvira could hardly see them; so, she did the only intelligible thing and pulled out some binoculars that she tucked away in her cleavage. With it, she got a good look at the two classic Disney characters, who weren't quite the same as she last remembered seeing them.