03, the battle within

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

"You want a battle? I'll give you war"

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

The aftermath of Bonnie's sacrifice weighed heavily on Emmie as she watched Elena mourn the loss of her friend. Despite their differences, Emmie couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for not being able to save Bonnie. As the tears streamed down Elena's face, Emmie couldn't find the words to offer comfort.

Stefan and Damon arrived soon after, their expressions filled with a mixture of shock and grief. Damon's usual cocky demeanour was replaced by a sombre silence as he processed the magnitude of what had happened.

"What the hell happened?" Damon demanded, his voice filled with raw emotion. Emmie swallowed hard, struggling to find the words to explain. Stefan's eyes widened in disbelief, while Damon clenched his jaw in frustration. "And where were you during all of this?" Damon asked accusingly, his gaze piercing into Emmie's.

Emmie's heart sank at Damon's accusatory tone. "I was there, Damon. I tried to help," she replied, her voice tinged with sorrow.

Damon's expression softened slightly, his anger giving way to a sense of resignation. "I'm sorry, Emmie," he said, his voice filled with genuine remorse. "I shouldn't have doubted you."

Emmie nodded in acceptance, knowing that Damon's scepticism was a reflection of his grief and fear. "We need to find Klaus," she said, her voice firm with determination. "Before he can hurt anyone else."

Stefan nodded in agreement, his jaw set with determination. "We'll find him," he said. Emmie was getting breakfast and got a call from Damon. "Elena un-daggered Elijah". Emmie said while cutting her pancakes, "Elij- who?". Damon rolled his eyes and said, "Klaus's brother. Elijah Mikaelson". 

Emmie's fork clattered against her plate as Damon's words sunk in. "Elijah Mikaelson?" she repeated, her brow furrowing in confusion. "Why would Elena do that?" Damon sighed heavily on the other end of the line. "Because Elena's determined to find a way to stop Klaus without sacrificing Bonnie," he explained, his frustration evident in his voice. "She thinks Elijah can help us." Emmie shook her head in disbelief, unable to comprehend Elena's reckless actions. "Wow, I should care because....?" she remarked. 

Damon's frustration flared, evident even through the phone. "Because Klaus is out there and he's after everyone. Even you and who knows what Elijah is planning". 

Emmie's eyes narrowed at the sharpness in Damon's tone. "Fine," she relented, her voice tight with resignation. "Where do you want me to meet you?"

"At the house," Damon replied, his voice softer now, knowing he had gotten through to her. "We need to figure out our next move before Klaus does."