04, screaming silence

•───⋅⋆⁺‧₊☽⛦☾₊‧⁺⋆⋅───•

⋆⭒˚。⋆

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." 

- Martin Luther King Jr.

•───⋅⋆⁺‧₊☽⛦☾₊‧⁺⋆⋅───•

After Klaus's escape, Mystic Falls was in a chaotic state. Elena's sorrow over her aunt Jenna's passing was obvious. Emmie struggled with a range of feelings, including grief for Elena's aunt's passing, rage at Katherine for betraying her, and an ongoing feeling of discomfort because Klaus's threat was still there.

Tensions only seemed to get worse over the next few days. Emmie sensed the boiling anger directed towards Katherine, who had left the area when it became obvious that she was responsible for Jenna's death. Damon especially seemed to desire to find her and make her responsible for her betrayal.

Damon burst into the room one evening as Emmie sat by herself in the Salvatore home, lost in thought. His face was dark with rage. His voice was full of resolve as he said, "We need to find Katherine." Emmie looked up and nodded gravely, meeting Damon's intense gaze. She answered, "I know," with a tone that betrayed a quiet resolve. "But she could be anywhere by now."

Tension boiled between Damon and Emmie as they arrived at Elena's house, with frustrations hardening the air. The weight of Damon's health followed him everywhere, and the weight of the consequences that could follow raced through Emmie's thoughts. "So, what's the plan now?" As they walked, Damon asked in a tone mixed with impatience. "You heard Klaus, he's not going to give up his blood willingly." Emmie gave him a sly side glance while tightly pressing her lips together. With a sharp, sarcastic tone, she struck back, "Well, considering you're on the verge of becoming a werewolf's midnight snack, I'd say our options are limited."

Emmie could see Damon's irritation as he rolled his eyes. "I don't need a reminder, Emmie," he said, his temper rising. "I know exactly what's at risk here." Emmie's expression softened slightly as a flash of sympathy passed over it. She responded, her voice now softer, "Then maybe it's time you started acting like it." "Damon, this isn't all about you. Elena needs you."

At her words, Damon's pride clashed with his concern for Elena, causing his jaw to clench. "I know that," he muttered, sounding defensive. "But if I don't get Klaus's blood soon, I'm as good as dead." Emmie sighed as she nodded in agreement. With a quiet but directed voice, she questioned, "And then what?" "What happens to Elena then? I know you love her."

At her words, Damon's steps collapsed and his expression turned fearful and in doubt. With a strained, determined voice, he vowed, "I won't let anything happen to her." "I'll find a way to protect her, but right now. We need Klaus's blood for me to cure this painful bite". Emmie then rolls her eyes.