3 | 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

THE FUTURE WE ABANDONED

Eleanore's walls were magneficent by her siblings' opinion. The magical birds, stars and kids running up and down on her wall called them for many adventures in their minds where they didn't have to worry about saving the world or passing their father's tests. Her pale colours made her characters' skin porcelain-like with hard blushes on their faces and bright hair colours on top of their heads. Sure, there were those black monsters too, who looked like centipedes and cockroaches, but they were unrelated to them.

She was painting that day too. Her music blasted from her stereo she had bought and she slightly danced to Nirvana's ABOUT A GIRL and Kurt Cobain's hoarse voice. The vibrant red-haired girl she was painting looked like a zombie with her morning coffee as they were walking trough the empty space.

Eight didn't even noticed Five entering the room during her carefree activity. The boy leaned tagainst the doorframe, smiling slightly on the girl's gentle moving answers to the music. They were always like this: Eleanore would always listen to music while painting, even though she hated when her siblings were watching her, and Five would always come to her room when he heard the unmistakable voice of Freddie Mercury or Dolores O'Riordan. Their actions would always lead to a pointless fight between the two friends (and sometimes even Klaus joined them in their loud arguments).

Five sighed when Eleanore started to sing the song and her feet moved slightly with the rythm. Her elbows and fingers danced in the air too with caused her to loose her balance as she started to fall off the chair she was standing on.

Five was quick, as always. He blinked to catch Eight before she could meet the hard floor under her as he held her like a doll. "I thought I already told you not to dance while standing on a chair." he lectured, although Eleanore could hear the concern in his stern voice.

"I can't really recall the memory." she giggled as she now stood on her own feet. The stereo stopped playing the Nirvana song and changed to HAIR from the movie. Five rolled his eyes when the music started; every time Eleanore listened to Hair's music he would say 'there are better movies to watch without half-naked men dancing and singing in every moment they got the chance'.

"You still can't stop listening to this trash." he mocked.

"Hey!" Eight snapped. "Hair is definitely not trash. You should learn how to be nice to people, Five."

Five had to laugh at this - maybe he was too used to hear this from the girl behind him or maybe he was just too egoistic to take it serious. He put his hand in his shorts' pockets as he walked further into the room. His eyes now held the faint light of worry and Elenore's stomach fell. "What brings you here, Five?"