༺1༻

9:55 AM, Thursday:

Stretching out my arm from the warmth of my blanket, I smashed my palm on the alarm clock, snoozing it for just 5 more minutes. I was still exhausted from last night, working that extra shift really did took a huge toll on my mental heath. 

Maybe I should just call in sick today and hang out with my friends, I haven't spoken to Cassidy or Chloe in like a week, being so busy with college and work these past few days it felt like I hadn't really gotten any quality time for myself.

Grabbing my cold phone from the lamp stand I placed it beside me so it can warm up a bit. Turning on the screen I squinched my eyes as they weren't adjusted to the bright lighten I had on it from yesterday during the day. Turning it down a few notches my eyes traveled to a text which read -

You have 3 unread messages

Hmm... I wonder who messaged me? Pressing the notification I then typed in my pin code 120601, yes I know I shouldn't be using my date of birth but what else was I supposed to put there? 

Clicking on the first message the name read David Barlowe. I became slightly paranoid as I began to think of why my boss would be needing to message me? I hope this has nothing to do with my work ethics the other day? 

Dear Angelina Blackwell,

Congratulations! Due to your continued efforts and recent successes, you have been promoted to Manager in in the Management Department.

The annual salary for the Manager will be $951, which will be paid out on a weekly basis.

As you settle into your new role as Manager please refer any questions to your new supervisor, Antony Hudson. He can be reached via email or by phone.

Enjoy this time of transition, and once again, congratulations on your new role here at Elegance Emporium.

Sincerely,

David Barlowe

I re-read the message again in disbelief, making sure I wasn't hallucinating or anything like that... I got promoted?!?!?

I REALLY DID JUST GOT PROMOTED!!! This was some of the best news I had received in months, Me?!?!?!  A Manager?!?!?! I never saw that one coming, I guess hard work really does pay off in the end.

My alarm finally goes off again causing me to quickly throw my blanket to the ground stepping my bare feet on the cold ground. 

I have to tell mom and dad ASAP!!!

I hurried to the bathroom and began brushing my teeth abruptly, finally spitting in the sink and rinsing off my face I grabbed a towel from the towel hook and quickly dried off my face. 

I didn't have time to take a full shower so I decided to just wash up a bit. After putting on a tee, a white hoodie and some black sweats I finally made my way downstairs.

I made my way into the kitchen only to find my parents whispering stuff amongst each other, my mom seems pretty upset by whatever my father was telling her though.

"Good morning honey" my mom chirps, noticing my presence in the kitchen.

"Oh hey sweetie I didn't notice you were standing there," My dad says looking at where I stood at the kitchen entrance.

"Good morning, mom! dad! I have some exciting news for the both of you" I squeaked, both of them then looked at me raising an eyebrow 

"I just got promoted to be a manager at Elegance Emporium" I exclaimed, Elegance Emporium is just the clothing brand that I'm working for.

"Oh wow! honey, that's amazing I knew they would've ended up giving you the position, you're such a dedicated young woman." my mom praises

"Wow, I can't believe you're going to be a manager!" My dad exclaims

I soon get an incoming call so I step out of the kitchen to answer it. The name read Bradley, my boyfriend, we have been dating for almost 3 months now.

"Hey babe" I could feel him smiling on the other end of the line 

"Brad I have good news!" I shouted

"Oh and what's that?" He questioned

"Brad! I just got promoted to manager!" I squeaked, I couldn't wait, I had to tell him about this amazing news

"Wow, that's amazing! did you tell your parents?" He asked

"Well I told Mom and Dad, I haven't told Tiffany yet, though I doubt she cares anyway" I chucked at the thought of Tiffany being interested in my promotion

If you didn't know Tiffany is my step-sister, I don't actually know who my real parents are. I grew up my entire life with this family which I now consider as my own.

"Speaking of Tiffany she's walking in the kitchen right now" I whispered to him

"I gotta go," I say before hanging up the phone.

"Good morning sis" I greet her

"Bianca and Milo broke up? Oh my Gawd that's unbelievable" She gasped to whoever was on the other end of the phone

"...Yeah, I know Brittany, like it was sooo hilarious, like, why would she even say that to him?... Oh my God, I know right!... Oh my God, tell me about it... Oh my God, she's such a bitch... Oh my God, yeah, I hater her..."

How many times is this woman going to say Oh my God?!?!?!? I bet she couldn't even go into a conversation without saying it. If you didn't notice Tiffany and I are quite different, she's bratty and is the total definition of a popular high school mean girl. While I'm the total opposite of her. 

Sometimes I forget that she's a senior in college like me, for a senior she sure doesn't act like one. I also find it quite ironic how I've been working since high school and she has never even laid a finger on a dirty dish before. She's always complaining about her manicures It's so annoying and how often does she have to call Brittany, she's always constantly on the phone gossiping to her. 

"Oh my gawd Brittany! like seriously is he for real?!?!?" She says in her bratty voice

The only words I ever hear her say on the phone are words like 'Oh My Gawd' and 'Like totally'. Does she even know how to have a normal conversation with someone?

"Is that all you know how to say Tiffany, Oh my gawd?!?!?" I chuckled

"Mom! Teach Angelina not to interrupt people when they're having important conversations!" She blurted

"Important conversations?!?!?" I almost died of laughter, that's the funniest thing I heard all-day

"Brittany! I tell you my sister is super annoying. Like oh my gawd she's totally annoying" She stressed

I mean who says annoying twice in the same sentence? this girl needs to go back to school.

Picking up my phone the time read 10:05 AM, I had to go get ready for my first class which was psychology. I had scheduled to have my classes a bit later in the day since I wasn't a morning person.

I guess I'll just go in what I'm dressed in now, it's just psychology anyway, no need to dress all fancy for it.

I quickly prepared myself a ham and cheese sandwich and made some coffee. Grabbing my purse and car keys I finally made my way out of the house and into the garage. Stepping into the car I started up the engine and made my way to campus for my psychology class.