Hailey's POV

Finally Christopher brings me back to my room. I am mentally exhausted for having to pretend to be something I'm not and to enjoy being around someone I absolutely hated. After he changed me and put me in pajamas, he laid me down in my crib. "Get some sleep, little girl," he said, placing a pink kitten in my arms and a kiss upon my forehead. I rolled over and faked a yawn as he quietly left.

Once he was gone I threw my pacifier in frustration. I don't think I can keep doing this. It will be the death of me!

A scary thought crosses my mind. What if he plans to kill me when he's finished with his fun?

I begin hyperventilating, unable to quiet my haunting thoughts or breathing. Christopher must have heard as he rushes into the room and scooping me out of the bed. "Baby, Baby...what's wrong?" He asks, holding me and rubbing my back, "deep breaths. Take deep breaths." I do as he says more out of fear of punishment rather than accepting his attempt at soothing.

My breathing becomes normal again as my heart returns to its regular pace. Christopher finds my pacifier on the other side of my crib and places it in my mouth. Slowly I reluctantly suck on it as expected but discover I am instantly calmed.

Looking into his eyes, I notice the loving look he gives me. I curl into his arms and fall asleep.