Chapter 1: Bah-Humbug to Christmas!

We open with a shot of a stage with large red curtains drawn in front of it as an orchestra tuning sound can be heard, breaking the silence.

Once the music died down, a figure entered from the left, draped in shadow for the time being. They reach the center and face the audience, clearing their throat as a spotlight kicks on, shining itself onto the figure and revealing them to be everyone's favorite talking dog, Spike. He wears a small tuxedo along with a top hat as he holds up a microphone, gives it a few taps with his paw until he hears feedback, and he smiles before speaking into it.

Spike: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to tonight's show! I'm your host and narrator, Spike the Talking dog!

A round of applause and cheers erupts from the crowd, making Spike's smile widen and allowing a blush to form on his cheeks.

Spike: Aww, shucks! *chuckles* You're all too kind! Anyways, I'd like to thank you all for coming here tonight for we have a VERY special story to tell, one that's been told for decades and maybe even a century! A story that's been adapted countless times! That's right, boys and girls! It's-

???: Spike!

A second voice rang from somewhere else, most notably from the right. A second spotlight kicks on, shining itself onto the source of the voice that comes up onto the stage, looking a little miffed at the small dog. They were none other than Spike's caretaker and the genius of Canterlot High herself, Twilight Sparkle, AKA Sci-Twi. She wore a similar outfit to Spike and that it was also a tuxedo with a top hat. She strides over to her pet and frowns down at him while he sweated with nervousness.

Twilight Sparkle: I thought I told you that this was a joint narration.

Spike gulps and looks literally anywhere else except at Twilight.

Spike: I-I... I know that, Twilight! I-I just... wanted to do a quick intro before you got started, of course! Gotta rile up the fans for excitement purposes, y'know! *sheepishly chuckles*

Not particularly believing his reasoning, Twilight rolled her eyes with a sigh.

Twilight Sparkle: Sure, Spike, whatever you say. Just leave the rest of the intro to me, will you?

Spike: *sigh* Alright, alright. Go ahead, Twi.

He replied, reluctantly sacrificing his spot on the stage for Twilight who stepped into place before clearing her throat and smiling at the audience.

Twilight Sparkle: Hello, everyone! We hope you brought lots of snacks and drinks with you because this will be one spectacular show! Spike and I will be your wonderful narrators for this story, so please try not to make too much noise out there. Anyways, without further ado, we present you with-

Spike: The Guardians of Harmony: A Christmas Carol!

He shouted, interrupting her while standing on his hind legs to deliver that line. Clearing her throat, Twilight aimed an annoyed glare back down at him, resulting in yet another sheepish chuckle from him along with scratching the back of his head.

Spike: S-Sorry! Won't do that again, I swear!

With another eyeroll, Twilight shook away her irritation and put on a smile again as both she and Spike stepped off stage while the audience clapped for the start. The giant red curtains open to reveal a slightly cloudy, but also sunny day as light snowfall can be seen. We zoom in as we're transported to the city of Canterlot, a bustling metropolis filled with happy townsfolk going around either preparing for Christmas day dinners, singing carols, playing in the snow, and many, many other things.