Chapter 2: A Grave Encounter

The show was starting up again as both Twilight and Spike took their respective spots on stage. The lights spark back on and aim at the two who stood with proud smiles.

Twilight Sparkle: Alright, everyone! Interlude is over! Now, let's get back to the show, shall we?

Spike: *muffled* Oh yeah! Can't wait to see what else is gonna happen!

Confused by how his voice sounded, Twilight peered down at her dog to find him munching on some cupcakes he had somehow acquired. Furrowing her brow, she crossed her arms and frowned down at him.

Twilight Sparkle: Spike... where did you get those?

Now having switched into nervous mode, Spike swallowed the piece of cupcake he had in his mouth and sheepishly chuckled, holding what he had left behind his back.

Spike: A-At the concession stand out front, I swear!

Twilight didn't seem to buy that as her gaze hardened.

Twilight Sparkle: We don't serve cupcakes out front. Those aren't the ones Pinkie made for us, are they?

Spike: N-No! T-They uh... u-umm...

Large drops of sweat slithered down his head, each one just further letting on his more than obvious lie. Then, as a way of trying to get out of the situation he was in, he looked down at his paw, pretending there was a watch wrapped around his ankle.

Spike: H-Hey, look at the time! We REALLY should get the show up and running again, don'tcha think?! I-I'll go open the curtains now, in fact!

He zips off in a trail of smoke, causing Twilight to roll her eyes just as the curtains begin to reopen.

Twilight Sparkle: *whisper* Looks like I'll need to literally and metaphorically keep him on a short leash.

She followed him out before the curtains fully opened.

We find ourselves back in the firm of Scrooge and Marley as Bob Cratchit was still hard at work, handling the tasks he was instructed to finish. A few seconds later however, he completed what he had and was about to move onto the next before the door to the firm knocked. While counting today's earnings, Scrooge let out a grumble and looked over his shoulder.

Ebenezer Scrooge: Mind getting that blasted door any day now, Cratchit?!

Bob nods and stands from his desk before heading over to the door in a hurry. He opens it and doesn't see anyone at first, but he then looks down and gasps. There, standing on the doorstep, was a young boy. He had short brown hair and a large spot around one of his eyes. He wore raggedy looking clothing and under his arm was a crutch, one that was short enough to hold him up. This was Bob Cratchit's youngest son and the one he mentioned earlier, Tim Cratchit, also known as Tiny Tim by his family, played by Pipsqueak.

The young lad smiled up at his father when Bob opened the door.

Tiny Tim: Hello, father!

Kneeling down fast, Bob shushed his son.

Bob Cratchit: *whisper* T-Tim, what are you doing all the way out here? You know you can't push yourself too much.

Tim nodded with a smile.

Tiny Tim: I know, but I wanted to come see you, especially since mother told us that you'd be getting off work soon.

With a sigh, Bob rubbed his son's hair, earning a soft giggle from him.

Bob Cratchit: *whisper* Well, I'm just glad nothing happened to you, Tim.

His father nodded back and looked back at the snowy street behind Tim. Seeing as how he didn't want his son to trudge all the way back home alone again, he thought that maybe he should let him stay here until it was time for him to go home as well. Peering back over, he saw his boss over by his safe, counting the bonds within. Silently humming, he looked back at Tim.