The Pen Friends

The very next day, Uncle Paddy and Moony joined at breakfast. Harry was overjoyed. He'd eaten so many times alone that he forgot the pleasures of a family banter. It was much more peaceful and commonplace than the absurdities ranging in the Great Hall. Seamus blowing off his face, Ron singing the praise of the Canons (*cough *cough Losers *cough *cough), the older people doing their jobs at embarassing others and the girls giggling and laughing as always.

He was eating his food peacefully when the banter suddenly ended as if it was thoroughly planned and they suddenly turned their attention to Harry.

"Hey Harry! You know what! James told me you haven't tried to impress a single girl!", Sirius said in mock horror at which Harry's soup suddenly entered the wrong pipe.

"Come on Padfoot, stop doing that or otherwise he'll choke to death before doing so", Moony said which actually didn't help either.

"Alright Harry. You know what? I hear that you have lived up to the Marauders' name and gave them a term end to remember", Sirius said and everyone chuckled.

"Who all did execute the plan?", Moony asked him.

"Well, the majority of the work was done by me. I animated the chimeras, dragons and stuff and then transfigured them into innocent pieces of parchment on the floor", he said to a fit of giggles of everyone, "and then I told Fred and George Weasley of third year, who also happen to have the M&M v1, to place them underneath each table — no house animosity. Then they flicked their wands innocently and the rest is mentionable in Hogwarts: A History", he said proudly.

"So I take it you and the Weasley twins are close?", Moony asked. Harry immediately caught wind of where the conversation was heading to. Immediately calculating what would happen in his response's response, and what would he respond with, he lost tail of the conversation again.

"Harry?", Lily asked expectantly.

"Well, we are different pranking empires. They are old and classical, while I'm the new and innovative", he said. "The Marauder Gen 2 and the Weasley's Wheezes have made valuable alliances over time. We have been allies in many multi-layer plans and have shared treaties of non-targeting each other", he said in an aristocratic voice perfectly mimicking the Fudge Minister.

"Brilliant!", they said clapping.

He finished his breakfast and went to his room quietly. The secret order from the owner of Flourish and Blotts arrived at his window pane as he had told. It was a really rare book, for which he had to save aside a lot from his trust vault and put in ridiculous bets, but it was worth the cause.

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖗𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕬𝖇𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖈 in three volumes was really a paramount set of books he just had to get. Well, it was a really laughable way they had encountered that he was a parselmouth. Once, while cleaning a cupboard with his mother in the attic, they had encountered an old and big snake. Mom had freaked out, but yet what astonished him was what followed.

"§ Do not fear youngling §", he hissed.

"§ You can talk §", Harry said but Lily whisper-shouted at him, "Why are you trying to make fun of an actual snake?"

"§ At long last in my life I've encountered a speaker! §", he hissed loudly causing Lily to panick. She couldn't kill a living being. But would it be alright if she levitated it?

"§ A speaker? §"

"§ It's what we serpents call a parselmouth. But you speak the old tongue. Not all serpentine can speak the common tongue, you see §", he slowly hissed and slithered near Harry. Now Harry recognised the snake — a ball python. Wait a sec, how'd he know that the snake was old?