Part 2

Laxmi Nagar - Gupta House

A girl in her mid twenties is seen arranging her books and copybooks in her handbag hastily before going to work. Yes she is Khushi Kumari Gupta.

The typhoon of the house is in a rush today. She has to handover her works as she is taking a week off for Payal's wedding. She's been busy managing everything along with Babuji.

As she runs out of her room, her Babuji calls her to eat her breakfast.

"Bitiya, come to have your breakfast. You have a long day ahead." said Babuji while caressing his daughter's head.

"Ji babuji. Amma jaldi khaana laiye. Humein der ho jayegi. "

"Ohh Titaliya, don't forget to handover your paper for leaves.  Payal is getting married. I want you to enjoy her wedding." said Buaji affectionately.

"Ji buaji fikar mat kijiye. Hum kar lenge. Acha chalte hain ab. " said Khushi gulping down her food quickly before leaving.

As Khushi went to work, Buaji started her rantings.

" Eyy Shashi babua, after Payalia's wedding, we should start thinking about Titaliya's wedding as well."

"Jiji, bacchi abhi choti hain." said Shashi.

"Huh. Kahaan se choti hain babua? Titaliya 27 saal ki hui hain. Abhi to shaadi karni hain." exclaimed Buaji.

"Jiji, sahi kahat hain. Khushi ladki hain. Her age is going higher. When will she get married if not now?" added Garima.

"Garimaji duniya badal rahi hain. Yeh sab nahin dekhte aajkal. Ladki achi honi chahiye bas. Payalia ko dekho. Woh bhi to 28 saal ki umar me shaadi kar rahi hain." argued Shashi.

"Par uski to love marriage hain ji. Khusi ke pass koi nahin hain." said Garima.

"Theek hain. Payalia ki shaadi ke baad hum baat karenge unse. Ab theek? Par usse pehle koi baat nahin karega bachi se." warned Shashi.

The two ladies agreed and hustled to the kitchen.

*****
At AR Office

At sharp 9 0'clock, ASR barged into AR in a foul mood. The office became quiet and no one bothered to open their mouths to utter good morning. Surely they didn't want to get fired or scolded at in the early morning.

As soon as the workers heard the door to ASR's cabin slam shut, they left out a sigh of relief. ASR was really scary today.

*****
Inside the office

Arnav reclined on his chair and closed his eyes. He thought of the petite girl that ruled his heart, mind and soul.

"Is it really that important to get married?"

"Ghar pe bhi same topic."

"Jab shaadi ka mann hoga tab karunga. Koi samajhta kyun nahin?" groaned Arnav.

He is tired of everyone talking about marriage. According to Arnav, one should love himself first. Just like he does. He has expectations and plans for his life and he is doing just that. He doesn't care if he has to leave anyone behind. He should be happy first.