Part 3

After 2 weeks - Gupta House

Payal is finally married to the love of her life, Akshat Ahuja. They met during college and were in a steady relationship for almost 5 years before telling their parents about their relationship. They got engaged and asked for few years more to know each other better and to secure their career first. Being the understanding parent that he is, Shashi agreed to hold their wedding after 4 years. Akshat's parents were people of modern thoughts too, so everything worked out right.

Now that Payal is married, everyone's focus is on Khushi at home. Buaji and Amma want Khushi to get married now. But is it easy for her?

**Flashback**

A few days after Payal's wedding, Shashi approached Khushi regarding marriage talks during their daily routine of watching the stars.

"Bitiya, tumse kuch baat karni thi."

"Ji Babuji kahiye. Serious baat hain?"

"Nahin titaliya. Bas yahi puchna tha, ab toh Payalia ki shaadi hogayi apne bare mein kuch socha hain? Koi hain apke zindagi mein?"

As her father came to sit with her, Khushi knew that it would be about her wedding. But did she have a proper answer to her babuji's questions?

"Babuji, can we skip this topic please? Abhi to jiji ki shaadi hui hain. Aur aap abhi se humein yahaan se bhagana chahte hain?" Khushi tried to evade the topic jokingly.

"Bhaga nahin rahe bitiya. Bas puch rahe hain. I have some doubts but I want to hear from you. Koi hain aapke zindagi mein khushi? " added Shashi.

Knowing that her babuji knows her more than herself, Khushi knew she was stuck.

"Koi hain. It's complicated babuji." whispered Khushi.

"Share karna chahte hain aap? Problem hain apke beech?" asked Shashi.

Hearing Shashi asking her about her innermost secret, Khushi was scared. Was she ready to bare her feelings, her hurt infront of her family? Would her Amma, babuji, buaji and jiji accept him after knowing about their complicated relationship?

Shaking her head, she kept quiet. After waiting for almost thirty minutes for her to speak up, Shashi finally went inside.

Sitting on the stairs, Khushi took her phone and tried a number but it went unanswered. She tried again and again but it was still unanswered. As tears filled her eyes, she thought "Am I so unimportant that you can't even pick up my call for a minute Arnav? I want to talk to you. I need you with me."

As she sat and re read their messages, she just got a dismissive text from the desired person.

"Was busy preparing for an important meeting tomorrow. Love you Jaan. Goodnight.   - Arnav "