⋆ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ ⋆

Akira woke to a cold, grey room with warm rays of sunlight filtering in through the seams in the thin silk curtains. He winced and rubbed his head before remembering what had happened. He'd spent the last two days trying to recover. Akira was now able to walk without feeling like an elephant was trying to balance on the tips of his hair and could now speak normally, thank gods.

He slid out of his own bed and quickly slipped into his classic blue jacket since the weather was slowly creeping to the lower degrees. After changing, he opened the door and headed out, knowing Anya and the rest of them were already awake. As expected, the three were gathered around the dinner table, talking and eating.

"Morning," Akira greeted, walking across the space and climbing onto one of the chairs.

Anya grinned, one hand hand clutching a fork and the other waving slightly, "Morning!"

Akira squinted at her unnecessary motion and transfered his gaze at Loid and Yor.

"How'd you sleep?" Yor asked kindly. After the few days of rest, Akira had slowly warmed up to his new mother after she'd tried her best to make him a meal and offered soothing herb tea, staying by his side as he fought through the pain.

"As usual," Akira shrugged, "I slept okay."

Anya bit into a cooked egg and said through the food, "He can't stop worrying!"

"Yes I can!" Akira retorted. "Well, you can't worry enough."

"I'd rather live my life through play than expectation!" Anya said slowly, sounding out each word.

Akira frowned, "Did you quote someone?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah you did," Akira muttered, picking up his own fork and piercing a piece of bacon.

"Did not!"

Akira rolled his eyes, "Whatever." He popped the bacon in his mouth, watching Anya complain to Loid and his father sighing and trying to reason both of them to say sorry.

"So," Akira said through a mouthful of hotcakes and milk. "Today we see if we got in or not, right?"

Loid paled, "Yes..." He trailed off, his eyes already far away and into thought. Akira recognized that look as something he often saw while looking in the mirror.

"Not gonna make it in," Anya muttered dejectedly.

Akira stiffened, "Well... Maybe with out test grades we could still manage."

"Not gonna make it in," Anya repeated dully.

"You're such a pessimist," Akira said grimly.

Anya glared at him, "What's that?"

"A positive person," Akira lied.

Anya leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms, looking proud. "That's me!"

"Exactly," Akira said.

Anya shoveled an entire bowl's worth of blueberries into her mouth as Akira slowly and sourly spread jam over a piece of toast.

"No need to look so down," Yor worried but paused when no one looked up from their meal. "I'm sure you guys will both make it in with ease!"

They, in fact, did not.

Well, Akira's number was on there but Anya's was no where to be found, even after her brother had scanned the wall over ten times and with no luck.

"It's my fault," Akira's gaze dropped to the ground. "I shouldn't have... maybe... I-"

Anya gave him a small hug, knowing he wasn't fond of them. "It's okay," she whispered, "maybe Yor can kill someone and I can get in!"

"No!" Akira said, louder than he'd meant to. "No! No, we're not going to go to that. It's... It's hard to come back and still be the same person you used to be."

Anya bit her lip and looked up into his watery blue eyes, "What'd I do?"

Akira fought against the protective demon inside him and finally forced out a single word:

"Nothing."

"What?" Anya protested, turning around to look at the shock written across Loid's face and the dismay across Yor's. "But that's not enough!"

Akira squeezed his eyes shut, "Well, what do you want to do? Would you really hurt someone else for your own good? Listen, you don't. You shouldn't. Wouldn't."

"But-"

"Not buts," Akira said stiffly. "It's not worth it. You can't go back in time either to change what you-I did... If you have any ideas, it's-"

"Forger!" The tree next to them whispered loudly.

Loid whipped around to stare at Henderson who was peering out behind the trunk.

"Come here," Henderson waved at them.

As the family walked towards the housemaster, Henderosn unrolled a small sheet of white paper and pointed at Anya's name which was written at the #1 position.

"What exactly-" Loid started.

"Anya will most definitely get in," Henderson assured. "Do not worry. There are always more than a few students who withdraw from the school and since Anya is the first to get in, she'll obviously get a place in the academy."

Loid blinked, looking suprised before it melted into relief and gratitude. "Thank you, housmaster. We won't forget this... But may I ask... why?"

"Akira showed some wholesome brotherly attitude towards Anya," Henderson explained patiently. "We need more of that in the world, as of our fragile peace between..." He paused. "Never mind. And Anya.. well, Swan didn't have any right to ask that and I think her reaction was fully right minded in her age and sense. As for you, Forger," Henderson addressed Loid, "that mosquito you killed while punching the table... well, you could've just saved Swan's life!"

Loid squinted, "Excuse... me?"

Akira piped up, "Mosquitos are the number one source of human killers!"

"Exactly that," Henderson agreed.

Loid nodded slowly, as if he still didn't understand. "Well... I see. Thank you again, housemaster. We're very grateful at your generous offer."

"Generous," Henderson murmured under his breath as the four walked away. "Oh yeah, you'll recieve a phone call confirming your place for Anya!"

"Thank you!" Loid called back, a smile playing on his lip and under his breath he whispered quietly, "Mission complete."