#⁰¹

✰ STEAL MY GIRLchapter one ————— welcome to colorado ✰

STEAL MY GIRL
chapter one ————— welcome to colorado

AS JACKIE AND I ARRIVED at the airport, we brought our luggage over to the side by a sign that said, 'Welcome to Colorado.'

Who knew so much could change in just little time. But maybe something great will come out of it, right?

There were many things I was healing from. It was hard to trust people and to move to a new place filled with people I would eventually have to trust scared me.

Jackie pulls out her phone as it began to ring. When she answered the phone Uncle Richard's face popped up.

"Hi, Uncle Richard," Jackie and I both said in unison.

"Hey," he smiles at us, his face full of concern. "Was your flight okay?"

"Fine," I mumble as I glance around the airport.

We haven't been off the plane less than a minute and it already felt so different than home.

Uncle Richard pauses for a moment, "are you guys doing okay?"

Jackie let's out a small 'yes' as our Uncle Richard continues. "Listen, I'm sorry I couldn't come with you girls to meet the Walters. I—"

"I think I see them," I whisper out, not meaning to cut him off. "I think we better go."

"[Y/n]," Uncle Richard calls out to me, bringing my attention back to the phone. "I know this is a big change for you both. Keep your head up. I'm here whenever you need me."

Once we said our byes, Jackie hung up and stuffed her phone in her pockets. "Do you remember anything about them?"

I softly shake my head as I watch them walk in our direction. "Not really. There's only one thing I remember most."

I subtly pull out a picture that was stored in my jacket pocket. A picture of a little girl placing a small kiss on a blonde boys cheek.

I flip over the picture and read over the words once more. [Y/n] and Cole, 2 years old.

"[Y/n]! Jackie!" Katherine calls out to us, pulling my attention away from the picture.

I quickly shove the picture back in my jacket pocket, smiling as Katherine brings me into a hug.

"I'm so happy you both are here," she says, holding onto me tightly.