#⁰²

✰ STEAL MY GIRLchapter two ————— the cole effect ✰

STEAL MY GIRL
chapter two ————— the cole effect

I QUICKLY RUSH TO GRAB my things to put in my bag. I've never been so unorganized in my life.

I took a moment to glance at Jackie to see her laying her clothes out neatly. I wish I was as calm as she was.

Jackie notices my frantic state and glances down at the floor, tilting her head to get a better view. "The jacket is under your bed."

A sigh of relief leaves my lips as I quickly bend down and snatch it off the ground. "What would I do without you?"

She chuckles softly continuing with checking off her list of things she would need.

I hold up my leather jacket in front of me as I searched through the pockets. My brows furrowed when I found nothing.

I bend down to take a peek under my bed but still couldn't find it.

"What are you looking for now?" My sister questions, her voice sweet.

I shake my head in confusion trying to see where I must have placed it. "Nothing, it's okay. I think it may be in a different jacket."

It wasn't. It definitely should be in this jacket.

"I'm going to head downstairs," I tell her as I start to slip an arm through the jacket sleeve.

A thought pops into my mind as I pat the pocket on the inside of the leather jacket. When I feel the outline of the photo, I breathe another sigh of relief.

Jackie watches me carefully, contemplating her next words. "You don't have to wear it everyday you know, it'll be safe here."

As I reach the door I look over my shoulder giving her a small smile, "I like having it with me."

The leather jacket in question belonged to our dad. He used to wear it all throughout high school. One day I had borrowed it and never gave it back.

He told me, "Estás preciosa. I want you to keep it. Hold on to me forever."

I know he meant it in a healthy and positive way. He wouldn't want us to loom over the unfortunate situation. They would want us to be happy.

As I gently shut the door to our room, I quickly make my way downstairs with my bag hanging on my shoulder.

As I get to the bottom of the stairs I notice everyone scrambling and walking out the door.