#⁰³

✰ STEAL MY GIRLchapter three ————— rumplesnakeskin✰

STEAL MY GIRL
chapter three ————— rumplesnakeskin

AFTER THE CONVERSATION or shall I say confrontation with Erin, we all decided to go out for ice cream.

I thought maybe this could be a way of helping Jackie become more comfortable, help her open up a bit more.

It seemed like she was taking this harder than I expected.

I mean, I knew it was going to be hard to adjust to a life without our family but I tried not to dwell on that. I tried to push through and think positively for them as well as for Jackie.

Because if we both were taken over with grief, where would that leave us.

A part of me hated all the attention Cole has been giving me but on the other hand I didn't hate it at all, not even a little bit and to think it's only been a day.

I hated it because I knew it would only push Jackie away further. She would think I was doing it on purpose, that it was some ploy to get with yet another boy who doesn't deserve my time.

But if only she knew that wasn't the case at all.

I was just trying to fit in, trying to take my mind off of all the bad things that happened.

I was just trying to be normal.

Jackie and I both stepped out of the car as I watched her take a few steps away from me. I took this time to quickly turn around bidding both Gus and Paris goodbye.

As they drove off, I finally turned back to Jackie watching as she stared at me with anticipation.

I took a deep breath, clutching the bag that carried the ice cream as I prepared myself for her judgment.

"Lay it on me," my voice comes out softer than I expected.

"Why didn't you sit with me at lunch today?" Her question hung in the air as I tried to collect my thoughts. I didn't want to do this today or any day but I guess we were.

I attempt to play it off, scrunching my eyebrows together in confusion, "sorry?"

Her tone was more harsh than I expected. I didn't anticipate her to be this upset over something so small.

"You sat with Cole and his friends? Why? They're not even the type of people you hang out with."

"He didn't give me much of a choice," I explain, trying to keep my voice even. "He grabbed a tray, paid for my lunch and led me to their table, what was I supposed to do?"

Jackie fixes me with a disappointing look, shaking her head in the process. "If it wasn't anything then why did Alex seem so upset?"

"J, how am I supposed to know? I've been here just as long as you have. I'm done with drama and especially with boys, remember?" I remind her, tilting my head to try and get her to understand a bit more.