the spirit realm

Talking = "bold"

Whispering = "bold/slanted"

Thinking = slanted

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tai lung pov

"Skadoosh"... that was the last thing I heard before I was sent to this place... the spirit realm... a realm of floating islands of stone, dirt and shattered buildings that drifted through an endless expanse. I was laying face down on one of these stone islands just beginning to wake from unconsciousness. Slowly, I began to get up with a grone while clutching my head which was throbbing with pain and looked around. As I looked out to the expanse of floating islands and wondered where I was, a thought struck me which made my eyes widen in shock.

Tai lung : "I am... in the spirit realm...?"

As I looked around I felt anger boil inside me making me roar in anger as I struck the stone beneath me cracking it in the process.

Tai lung : "I HAD THE DRAGON SCROLL IN MY HANDS AND THERE WAS NOTHING!!!"

??? : "nothing? There was indeed something, you just need to remember."

As I heard the voice I looked around and prepared for a battle before my eyes landed on Oogway. He had a long staff in one of his hands as he seemingly floated in the air, he had that obnoxious smile on his face like he always did and it only made me angrier. Letting out another furious roar I jumped towards Oogway with a fist reeled back cracking the ground as I jumped. As I attempted to strike Oogway he just moved out of the way and used his staff to grab me and throw me back down to the stone island. As I was thrown back to the ground I landed on my hands and feet sliding a ways before stopping.

Oogway : "you have so much anger in you tai lung, you must let go of it."

As he said that I rose to my feet as my eyes narrowed in anger and hatred.

Tai lung : "let go...? LET. GO!?! YOU EXPECT ME TO LET GO WHEN YOU AND SHIFU DENIED ME MY DESTINY!?! MY PURPOSE!?!"

Oogway : "your destiny was not to become the dragon warrior tai lung."

Tai lung : "THEN TELL ME WHAT WAS IT!? TELL ME WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!?"

Oogway : "eh, who can say? I may be old but I do not know everything. But, I do know that your destiny is not to do harm."

As he said that I clenched my fists and growled at him making him chuckle as he floated through the air.

Tai lung : "what is that supposed to mean!? TELL ME!!!"

Oogway : "it means whatever you think it means."

As he said that I could feel my anger starting to be replaced by irritation .

Tai lung : "Well it's not like I can fulfill this "new destiny". That panda sent me here."

Oogway : "who knows~ maybe there is a way back, i never tried. But even if there is, you need to first make an oath."

As he says that i simply scoff at him and cross my arms

Tai lung : "Tell me what is this oath you speak of?"

Oogway : "an oath of pacifism."

Tail lung : "PACIFISM!?! Are you out of your mind!? I devoted my LIFE to kung fu! And you would have me abandon that!?"

Oogway : "not abandon, simply shift your focus, do no harm but do not allow yourself to be harmed."

Tai lung : "you say that as if it's that simple."

Oogway : "I never said it was simple, but the choice is yours, stay in here full of anger and hate, or learn to forgive and maybe find a way out. I am simply here to help guide you."

At that I glanced away from Oogway and began thinking.

Tai lung : if there is a way out then i might be able to use it to get my revenge on shifu and then come back later to defeat Oogway, all i would need to do is pretend for now.

Forcing a smile on my face I turn back to Oogway and nod at him.

Tai lung : "let us begin... master."

With that Oogway lets out a small hum in acceptance and seemingly happiness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone :) so this story was the one everyone chose in the vote on speed unleashed, sorry that this chapter was so short but the next one should be longer, ill see you all again soon :)